Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-Six

Começar do início

"Do you really want it?" She asked me.

"...yeah. It can be the top one so there isn't as much of it if you don't like it. But if you don't want Funfetti, I am completely fine with that." I told her. If she really didn't want it, I didn't want to have it and make her upset. I watched her eyes sparkle a little,

"We can get it."

"Yes! Mary, we'll have the Funfettie for the top layer of the cake!" Mary chuckled and wrote it down. She then sat us down and brought us small samples of the cakes flavors to try. Rosie and I ate a lot of cake and we both had our top two flavors. Mine were Red Velvet and German Chocolate. Rosie's were Vanilla and Red Velvet.

"So I guess we can both agree that Red Velvet will be one of the layers." I said and Rosie nodded her head.

"It can be the second layer." She told Mary as she wrote it down. Now we were down to two flavors: German Chocolate and Vanilla. I looked at Rosie and saw that competitive fire in her eyes. She's not going down without a fight, but I'm ready to battle.

"Why should we do Vanilla?" I asked her. She smiled,

"We should do Vanilla because it's easier on the environment, less people are allergic to it, and if it falls, it doesn't show up as much as chocolate cake would." Damn it, those were all good. I know no one we invited has a chocolate allergy, but it's still something to be considerate about because some people are bring a plus one. I stared at her a little longer,

"I see where you're going, but you forgot one thing. The Funfetti cake is Vanilla, so why would we have two layers of the same cake," I watched her eyes widen in realization, "therefore, we should go with the German Chocolate cake." I wish I had a mic because I would totally drop it right now. Rosie stared at me pissed off because she knew I won the battle.

"German Chocolate it is." Rosie said to Mary. Mary wrote it down and I mentally high fived myself at the victory. We then went over a few more details and boring stuff before we said our goodbyes to Mary.

Rosie linked her arm with mine and pinched me as a little payback for winning the argument. It actually kinda hurt which wasn't fun. But whatever, the main goal for today was achieved and that's all that mattered. We got in the car and decided to make a quick pit stop at an ice cream shop because we both were craving something sweet and cold.

"Should we do drive through or sit outside?" I asked her as we got closer to the shop.

"Outside, the weather is really nice." I nodded my head and when we got there, found a nice parking spot in the shade. I put some sunglasses on and then got out of the car, Rosie following suit. I looked over and saw these gorgeous black sunglasses on her and she looked great. She noticed me checking her face out and lowered them slightly so I could see her wink at me. I just smiled at her and grabbed her hand as we went inside the shop.

"I think I'm just going to get the cookie dough." I told her as she scanned the menu of multiple flavors.

"I'll get the strawberry sundae. You order and I'll find us a place to sit outside," she told me as she smacked her card in my hand and went out the door. I just rolled my eyes and stuffed the card in my pocket before ordering and using my own card to pay.

It took only a couple of minutes and I went outside to find Rosie. I saw her sitting near some trees that overlooked the tiny playground set. A few kids were messing around on it and I saw the fond smile on my fiancée's lips.

"Your strawberry sundae, my love." I said with an accent. She giggled at me and took it out of my hands as I sat down next to her and started to eat my cookie dough ice cream.