• 𝐄𝐱-𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 •

❾¾ ⌁☍ ♪ ‹ 𝓶𝓪 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓬𝓮 › ♪ ☍⌁¾❾

Next morning, Mal woke up early as usual. She pulled her jacket out of trunk, tucked her arms inside and tied her hair in a messy bun.

She rummaged through her trunk, a handkerchief containing jimson weeds still there magically bound like dumpling. Today, she plans to give the dangerous ingredients to Professor Snape, Hogwarts Potions Master. She pocketing it.

Mal got out of bed, slowly walked out of their room so as not to disturb her roommates sleep peacefully and closed the door behind her.

Crossing the common room, Mal knocked softly from inside the Fat Lady painting. There was the Fat Lady waking up, Mal carefully opened it slightly and then stepped out of portrait painting.

"Good morning, Beautiful Little Lady." Fat Lady yawning, stretching her muscles. "I didn't see you last night, how was your summer?"

"Morning Fat Lady, I'm very well, madam, thanks for asking." Mal said politely, her morning smile was so beautiful. "Sorry, I disturbed your sleep --"

"Gosh girl, this is what I like about you." said the Fat Lady with a chuckle. "You're like your mother, very polite to other people but yeah - sassy if anything bothers her, really exactly, please wake me up if I want to come in again."

Mal nodded while smiling cheerfully at her, said goodbye and then walked down the stairs that could move around outwitting pedestrians. She had been used to it since first year, paying close attention to steps and calculations before moving on to another ladder.

Storm had subsided but raindrops continuously fell from sky, punctuated by rumbling of thunder and lightning from a distance.

She went to Owlery as usual, Dexter, her barn owl who was usually excited by Mal's presence to fill his and Hedwig's feeding bowls in the morning (usually with Harry too) was not as cheerful as usual. He was just silent in his cage but facing Hedwig's empty cage, hooting sadly waiting for Hedwig's arrival.

Mal and Harry had deliberately kept Dexter and Hedwig's cages next to each other since first year after knowing the two owls were close, they often visited Owlery to spend time with their owls or have a nice chat.

They were put down, Mal knew Dexter wouldn't fly without Hedwig.

"Dex," Mal cooed, Dexter hooting a little glumly as he pushed bin of Owl Treats. "Eat this first, I changed your last night's one - you'll be sick leave by starving yourself."

Dexter turned slowly to Mal, looked glumly at Owl Treats as he got down from his rebuttal and buried his face there; just swallowed without chewing. He was languishing in a pile of Owl Treats, not even eating.

Pigwidgeon was chipped very loudly in early morning when he saw Mal, his wings flapping entusiacially as bouncing himself.

"Morn, Pigwidgeon," Mal filled his bowl with Owl Treats as well, his eyed sparkling then eat so fast.

Dexter hooting to Mal, she turned and then her barn owl jerked his right wings into Mal's bludge pocket where the handkerchief containing jimson weeds was kept. He tilted his head still watching her pocket as throwing a questioning look at Mal.

"This is jimsonweeds that Davis threw in our compartment yesterday." she said, Dexter gave a disgusted look. "After this, I'll give its to Professor Snape."

Sun was half rising, Mal went downstairs and out of Owlery. She walked along corridor greeting by the ghosts who had awakened from their slumber (except for the Bloody Baron). The Fat Fair, the ghost of Hufflepuff, spoke to her about his disappointment in Peeves after giving him so many chances.