• 𝐁𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 •

❾¾ ⌁☍ ♪ ‹ 𝓶𝓪 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓬𝓮 › ♪ ☍⌁¾❾

Christmas is almost here. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke up covered in snow about a meter or so.

The lake was hard and frozen, the Weasley twins were convicted of bewitching several snowballs following Quirrell, the Scamander twins were in detention for stabbing Quirrell's body until his turban sank and his head was covered with a pile of snow.

The few owls who make it through the blizzard to deliver mail are cared for by Hagrid with Mal's help before they can fly again.

All can hardly wait for the holidays. Although the Gryffindor common room and Great Hall had fireplaces blazing, the normally windy corridors had turned icy cold and the winds students the classroom windows until they vibrated.

The worst was Professor Snape's class in the dungeon, in there their breath immediately turned to mist before their eyes and they tried to get as close to their hot cauldrons as possible.

"I'm so sorry," said Draco Malfoy during one of the Potions lessons, "to all the students who are forced to stay at Hogwarts for the Christmas holidays because they are unwanted in his house."

"Not confused," Atticus Gloiriè grinned. "Even the family doesn't have it, if he's back to his house, might becomes a burden again."

They were talking like that, turning their heads to look at Harry. Crabbe and Goyle chuckled. Harry's measuring lepu fish backbone powder, ignoring them. Gloiriè and Malfoy have gotten even more annoying since the last Quidditch match.

Annoyed that Slytherin lost, Malfoy tries to make a joke of it by saying a big-mouthed frog will replace Harry as Seeker in the next match.

Then he realized that there was no one thought this was funny, because the kids were so impressed with how Harry managed to stay on his crazy broomstick. So Malfoy and Gloiriè, who are jealous and angry, again taunts Harry by bringing up that Harry has no family.

Mal immediately punched Malfoy and Gloiriè in the nose for the second time in a semester, deducting five points from Gryffindor by Snape. But she didn't care.

And it's also true that Harry won't be returning to Privet Drive this Christmas. Professor McGonagall had been touring the previous week, writing down the names of the students who would be staying at Hogwarts for the holidays, and Harry had signed up straight away.

He was not at all discouraged himself, maybe it would even be Christmas most pleasing to him.

The Scamander siblings also didn't come home because their parents were so busy with Auror duties (they're kind of dark witches and wizards catcher or detective and police in Wizarding World; which made Harry somehow interest it) and only a few days of rest at the end of December before trained several young Aurors, Ron and his brothers too will stay, because Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are going to Romania to see Charlie.

When leaving the dungeon at the end of Potions lessons, they saw a huge cypress tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two giant legs appeared at the bottom and a gasping breath told them Hagrid was behind the tree.

"Hi, Hagrid, need some help?" Mal asked, poking her head between the branches.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks, Mal."

"Move," came Malfoy's cold growl from behind. "What are you doing with these freaky, Scamander? You're rich, it's low standard to hangout with them - oh Weasley? Are you trying earn some extra money? If to be a wildlife watchdog after leaving Hogwarts too, huh - Hagrid's hut must be like a palace compared to your family home."