• 𝐖𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 •

❾¾ ⌁☍ ♪ ‹ 𝓶𝓪 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓬𝓮 › ♪ ☍⌁¾❾

Hermione's breathing was shallow and uneven.

"How - could - they?" she choked. "How could they?"

"He's Macnair! He's a former Death Eater like Malfoy and Gloiriè!" Mal's sobs of anger welled up in her body, Harry still holding onto her. "It's kind of part of the celebration for him."

"Come on," said Ron, whose teeth seemed to be chattering.

They set off back toward the castle, walking slowly to keep themselves hidden under the cloak. The light was fading fast now.

By the time they reached open ground, darkness was settling like a spell around them.

"Look! Scabbers! He's awake," Ron said happily, pointing his pocket where Scabbers slowly wake up. "Blimey, Berry, your punch did thing for him - Hey! Scabbers!" he hissed.

The rat starting wriggling madly. Ron came to a sudden halt, trying to force Scabbers deeper into his pocket.

"What's the matter with you, you stupid rat? Stay still - OUCH! He bit me!"

"Ron, be quiet!" Hermione whispered urgently. "Fudge'll be out here in a minute -"

"Don't make me punch you once again, you brat!" whispered yelled Mal.

"He won't - stay - put -"

Scabbers was plainly terrified. He was writhing with all his might, trying to break free of Ron's grip.

"What's the matter with him?"

But Harry had just seen - slinking toward them, their body low to the ground, pairs of grey silverish and yellow eyes glinting eerily in the darkness - Neige and Crookshanks.

"Neige! Crookshanks - no!"

Too late -

Neige lunged at Ron's back head while Crookshanks ran between Ron's leg and jumped up dangled his claws in his pocket, Ron fell with the two cats and Scabbers managed to get out before Crookshanks grabbed him.

"Scabbers - NO!"

Neige jumped up, her paws pressing against Ron's face so hard then chased after Scabbers madly followed by Crookshanks behind. Hissing brutally as she chased Scabbers so fast, roaring madly even Crookshanks felt terrified of his loves.

Before Harry, Mal and Hermione could stop Ron, he had thrown the Invisibility Cloak off himself and pelted away into the darkness.

"Ron!" Hermione moaned.

Without any think twice, followed at a sprint; it was impossible to run full out under the cloak; they pulled it off and it streamed behind them like a banner as they hurtled after Ron; they could hear his feet thundering along ahead and his shouts at Neige and Crookshanks.

Neige managed to catch Scabbers, meowing in victory licked her lips satisfyingly. Hissing at Scabbers who tried to freed himself as Neige about to eat him hurriedly.

"Gotcha! Get off, you nasty cat - OUCH!"

There was a growled angrily cat's sound and scratch. Neige has scratch wreckedly Ron's cheek, and Scabbers almost released.

Harry, Mal and Hermione almost fell over Ron; they skidded to a stop right in front of him.

He was sprawled on the ground, but Scabbers was back in his pocket; he had both hands held tight over the quivering lump.