Chapter Fourteen

Eclypse

After the clones dropped us off at the emergency coordinates Alanya gave us years ago, Ben and I had to walk all the way to the Resistance base, which thankfully wasn't too far. I'm still surprised that the Resistance even still exists because I figured after the war they would break apart but after all these years they are intact. As the large building came into sight, I picked up my pace, determined to get to my daughter. I felt something through the force on the way here and I knew that it came from her. She seemed frightened.
"Eclypse, slow down." Ben called after me. "I know that you're tired."
I sighed, obeying him by slowing down a bit. He was right. It's been a long journey.

We held our chins high, walking through the entrance. As always at the Resistance base, we turn a few heads and caused whispers, but I don't really care right. Now, to find Aarue and Alanya so I guess that they're in Command since Alanya is a captain. But I noticed a tall man walk past us who I recognize too greatly. "Verrill." I called after him.
He turned and his eyes lit up as he smiled. "Eclypse, Ben; It's been a while. What brings you?"
After a few months of meeting each other, Verrill and I got more acquainted with each other. I think we'd even be considered friends.
"We're looking for Alanya and Aarue." Ben started. "Do you know where they are?"
"Yeah, they're in the repair shop fixing your ship. But Aarue seems a little shaken up, poor girl. Do you know how to get there?" Verrill inquired.
"No, I know the way, thank you, Ver." I grinned, nodding to him once and pulling on Ben's hand for him to follow me. I know that he was surprised that I was the one to pull him since I pushed him against a wall in an alleyway and called him by his dead name. It only took a moment to find them in repair, Alanya was working on the wing of the ship while Aarue sat with a blanket wrapped around her tightly. Aarue immediately spotted us and stood so quickly that she stumbled a bit.
"Mom! Dad!" She said, running and attacking the both of us with a hug. I could feel her rapid heartbeat and she was slightly shaking. "Are you okay? I was really worried."
"Yeah, Rue, we're alright." Ben sighed in relief and grinned yet that faided away quick. "But you're trembling. Why? Did someone hurt you? If so, then I'll-"
"No! No one hurt me! It's just... I... I understand now, I believe you. And I'm sorry. I was really stupid for the things I said and I.... I'm really, really sorry..." Rue pulled out of the hug and looked down, clearly embarrassed. But Ben embraced her again, holding onto her like he used to when she was small.
"It's okay." He whispered. "You're not stupid, you just were really shocked. But, now, we can put the past behind us, how does that sound, my beautiful Angel?"

Aarue nodded and relaxed a bit, then looked back to Alanya who nodded in approval. I smiled, walking up to my old apprentice and embraced her tightly. "Well, you two haven't aged a day." Alanya chuckled as she pulled away and set a hand on her hip.
"Why thank you, and you still look the same as before except a little bit older." I smirked. "You really have grown to be a beautiful woman, Alanya."
"Merci, Madam." She said with a fake Pilloan accent and curtsied. I laughed and so did Aarue.
"Tu ne m'as pas dit que tu parles Franmeka, Alanya!(You didn't tell me you speak Franmeka, Alanya!)" She smiled jokingly.
"Wait, what did she say?" Alanya asked me and I laughed harder than before(I also saw that Ben was trying hard to hold in his laughter). "Don't worry about it."
But Alanya's smile fell as she remembered something. "Come on, we have to talk. Let's go inside the ship."

****

"But... how is the Final Order back? It's impossible." I said in disbelief.
"That's what I thought but apparently someone snuck at least a few Star Destroyers of Exegol without anyone noticing." Alanya sighed. "The Republic has been trying to fight them off to the point where the Resistance had to get involved but it's been no use. Some planets, like Pillio, have been hiding it from their people. Almost all of the galaxy don't wanna go through another war. But it got harder to cover it up and a lot of the planets now are swarming with Troops and TIEs again."