Chapter Fifty-One

Sorry for taking so long to update guys, I've just had alot going on lately. This chapters kind of short but it's more a filler for the stuff to come. Thank you to everyone who continues to read and vote and leave comments. I really appreciate it. XJade

---------------------------------------------------

A spinal fracture, that was the initial diagnosis. Roman still had feeling in his body although his toes were numb but we were praying it wasn't and worse. He still had more xrays and CT scans to determine just how severe it was but at that stage he was looking at a minimum of 5 months recovery time.

He'd barely spoken a word since we were given the prognosis and I could see how devastated he was and I felt helpless

"I'm so sorry babe"

I did my best to soothe him but I knew even my words couldn't console him. Besides his family, this company was his life and after all the work he'd put in to try win back the championship this was devastating.

He'd have to spend a few days here in hospital while the best course of action was decided then depending on whether he needed surgery or not we'd head back to Florida so he could recover there was just one problem, I wouldn't be able to take a lot of time off to look after him unless I forfeit my own title and take leave. Although it's not what I wanted it may be my only option.

"I wish there was something I could do to help"

I did my best to keep my voice steady and strong but it was cracking as I spoke, he gave my hand a squeeze and for the first time since we'd arrived he spoke

"I need you to keep fighting Mia, this may be the end of my career but you can't give up. You need to keep doing what you're doing, for me!"

I felt tears slip down my cheeks and squeezed his hand harder

"Don't give up Rome, this isn't the end for you. You're the strongest man I know and I know you can get through this, I'll be by your side all the way"

It broke my heart to hear him talk like that, like he was already giving up. I gently wiped the tears from his eyes just as the door opened and a group of doctors walked in.

"Mr Reigns, we're going to head down for your CT scan. We should have the results and a treatment plan in the next few hours"

I was ready to follow them until Roman called my name

"Mia baby why don't you and Dean head back to the hotel, get some rest"

I glanced over at my other two team mates as they sat silently on the opposite side of the room and Dean nodded his head in agreement

"No babe I want to stay here with you"

Dean was already at my side escorting me towards the door before I could protest any further.

"Baby girl you need to get some rest, I promise someone will call you if we need to"

My brain was telling me not to move but as I glanced down I remembered I was still in my ring gear and my stomach chose that moment to make a noise like a whale.

"I'll be back in an hour, 2 at the most"

Making my way over to his bed I very carefully gave him a quick kiss before letting Dean lead me from the hospital room.

**********

"I feel so helpless. I want to be by his side taking care of him but he wants me to keep fighting, to defend my title but it doesn't feel right. I feel like I'll be abandoning him"

Dean rolled his eyes at my words and pushed my barely touched plate closer to me

"Mia you are not abandoning him, I bet if you were in his position you would want him to do the same. You've worked your ass off to get to where you are and thats why he wants you to keep fighting. It's not like you can't take time off here and there now stop worrying and eat something before I force it down your throat"

He gave me a small smirk as he shoved a fry into his mouth. I did as he said and began to eat my burger and fries, we'd gone straight back to our hotel to shower and change before stopping at a diner not far from the hospital, I know Roman wanted me to rest but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. I needed to be by my mans side.

After our meal I felt a lot better so ee made our way back to the hospital and as we got out of the elevator on Romans floor we were greeted my Steph and Hunter.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry about Roman"

Steph looked as though she'd been crying. That was one thing I loved about her, she may seem like a villain and have a frosty exterior but she cared alot about her employees and she knew what it was like to jave to deal with a loved one being injured seeing as Hunter had had many of his own throughout his career.

"We have to head off but the doctors have promised to give us an update on Romans care plan. If there's anything you need don't hesitate to call is okay"

I gave them both a hug and thanked them for coming before heading in to see my man.

"How did I know you wouldn't stay at the hotel and rest"

Romans voice sounded alot chirpier than before. My heart soared when I saw that he had a small smile on his face and when I took a seat beside him he squeezed my hand tight.

"You know me too well babe. So? How were the scans?"

His smile dropped a little but he did his best to maintain it.

"It's not great but then again its not completely bad. I'm not paralysed which is great but I'm looking at 8 months out or if im lucky 5 with surgery"

I felt a sense of relief was over me, paralysis would have been devastating for him so I was glad that wasn't a problem but I could still see how unhappy he was. 8 months was a long time in this business, even 5 months was like a lifetime but I was sure he'd overcome his injury and make a comeback.

"No matter how long it takes babe I'll be by your side all the way, I promise"