Chapter Fourty-Seven

The sound of my phone ringing woke me from my short sleep, after my chat with Randy it had taken me hours to fall asleep. Everything he had said kept replaying in my mind. I fumbled to pick up my phone and quickly hit answer when I saw that it was Roman.

"Morning baby"

I smiled into the phone, a feeling of warmth spread through me when I heard him chuckle on the other end

"I'm sorry I woke you baby, I just called to let you know my flight just got in, I'm about to pick up a rental car then I'll be on my way over to pick you up"

I shot up out of bed almost dropping the phone in the process

"Okay babe, I'll be ready. I love you"

I could practically hear his smile through the phone

"Love you too baby, see you soon"

As soon as I had hung up i set about making the bed and getting my stuff together. I took a quick shower and got dressed before dragging my bags downstairs leaving them waiting at the front door.

"Leaving so soon?"

Randys voice startled me and whwn I turned he was leaning against the kitchen doorway with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Uh yeah, Romans on his way to pick me up then we're going to head to the police station"

His face dropped a little but he gave me a small smile and nodded. After last night I finally felt like we had proper closure, like I could fully move forward with Roman without my fears and insecurities holding me back.

"Randy I just want to say thank you, for helping with my dad and letting me stay"

He smiled and opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"No really it means a lot, i also wanted to thank you for last night, It was nice to finally settle everything"

Before he could say anything my phone beeped with a message from Roman letting me know he was out front.

"Romans here, thanks again Randy"

He cleared the space between us in a few strides pecked me softly on the cheek taking me by surprise

"Look after yourself and let me know how your dad is okay"

I nodded before making my way out to where my man was waiting in the rental. He got out of the vehicle as soon as i was close and scooped me into his arms kissing me hard on the lips.

"I missed you baby, now let's get going"

He glanced quickly at Randys house before loading my luggage and climbing back into the car. I guess he didn't want to be here longer than was necessary.

As we drove towards town and the police station Roman took hold of my hand linking fingers and resting it on his thigh

"So uh I hope you don't mind but I spoke to Steph this morning, just to let her know we were dealing with a family issue that may have us missing Smackdown and maybe RAW next week"

I was surprised but extremely thankful that he would do that for me. It wasn't an ideal situation having to skip out on work but some things were just too important not to

"I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have you babe"

Roman simply smiled and lifted my hand to his lips kissing me firmly.

"She said she understands and she is supportive but she was against us taking too much time off. With night of champions coming up theres a long list of divas just waiting for a shot at your title"