🄴🅁🅁🄾🅁 🄲🄾🄳🄴: 41

Start from the beginning

Though, I wasn't able to think any further when I heard the crunching of pocky.

I turned my sights to see Lily nibbling onto some chocolate pocky sticks while she had a few small boxes-- which was being hidden by the Dream plush.

"...You were at the store that night." Lily says quietly.

Her sudden words surprised me a little, I honestly starting to think she was a mute or something... But, I guess she did know how to speak.

I nodded my head, confirming her remark.

"You and Miss Luca were brother's friends..." She mutters out, "It's sad he's gone.... I think"

I raised an eyebrow.
"You think?"

She nods.
"Yeah. I think..."

"...why do you think you miss him?" I questioned her.

Lily pauses for a moment, thinking about her response. But in the end, she ends up shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't know..." She replies, "...Brother went to jail, right?"

"Luca told you?"

"No" She said, "He told me before I got here"

I wanted to be more surprised about this, but I was only surprised a little by the news.
It's not even the fact that I'm surprised about him telling her, I was surprised because she didn't seem to care even in the slightest.

She seemed pretty blank and expressionless. She almost reminded me of one of those porcelain dolls. Pretty, but lifeless.

But from her upbringing, it's at least a little understandable to act like that.

"Brother wasn't the best he could be lately... But he tried to make people he cared about happy in his own ways..." Lily murmured, "...even if it meant hurting good people"

I wonder what this girls logic is?

She seems a little too mature for someone her age. She's talking about the situation so calmly that I really do wonder what happened in her life to change her into someone like this?

With another bite, she finishes her pocky and starts to open up another box.

"..When brother used to pick me up from school, I always saw you not too far away." She went on to tell me.

I gave her a quizzed glance.
 "You did?"

She only proceeded to nod.
"I kept asking about you, and he kept telling me that you were one of his most bestest friends in the whole world"

pft--

"Well-- he was dreaming that part." I felt my mind go blank once again, "I wasn't that close with him"

Lily's mouth flat lined.
"But- he told me all about how you saved him from some bad people..."

"...Okay, I did do that--"

"Can you tell me about that day?"

"Hmm?"

"I always wanted to hear both sides of the story..." Lily tells me, taking a bite out of another stick of pocky, "It sounded so magical when I heard it from my brothers point of view... But I was curious about your point of view too..."

"...uhhhmm"

Her request wasn't something I'd expected.

This little girl is just full of surprises...

But- magical? What part of that stupid situation was magical?
I literally beat up some guys--

"Come on, Y/N. You should tell her." Luca's voice was suddenly heard.