"As I mentioned afore, this is the month of the phoenix. The wedding has him stressed out and so he's been reverting almost every single day. Usually he's a bit more mature even when he's a child but for some reason he is trying to make me crazy."

"He's so cute though..." Elizabeth said.

"Don't let him fool you." Gretchen said.

"Aye, agreed, he's muckle cute but he'll use it against ye. Just when ye ken he's being the perfect angel he does things like this."

"Will he stay a child all month?"

"No, he'll probably return to normal by day's end. Which of course means I have to bring an extra pair of clothes so he's not naked."

"I thought that the phoenix was done when he was really hot or really cold? At least that's what Gretchen told me."

"She isnae wrong but it's also stress induced as weel. Most of the time he's able to regulate himself, but stress isnae something that's easily regulated."

"Come on, Edgar, we have to go!" Higgs yelled.

"I'm coming, Mr. Higgs!"

Higgs was practically dragging Edgar down the stairs as he tried to tuck his shirt into his pants.

"Merida, I don't have my boots!" he yelled.

"Ye're bigger than he is at the moment. Bonk him and get yer boots."

Edgar did as told and bonked Higgs on the head. He let got of Edgar's arm to complain and Edgar turned back to go up the stairs. Merida put her hands on her hips.

"I said tell him to hurry not pull him out while he's half dressed. Ye're being a right muckle beastie, ye ken? Embarrassing yerself in front of Lady Hinkley."

Higgs made a face but walked down the steps and stood next to Elizabeth, grabbing her hand.

"Lady Hinkley and I will be waiting in the carriage." He said, trying to sound adult even though he still looked like a child.

"Laird's beard, please." Merida said.

"Come on." Higgs said, dragging Elizabeth out of the house, Gretchen following.

Merida rolled her eyes as Edgar came down the stairs, properly dressed.

"Why is Mr. Higgs acting that way?"

"His nerves are getting to him. The more childlike he is, the less he has to stress. He'll calm down soon enough."

"Did something happen between you guys?"

"Why do ye ask?"

"Something seems different."

"Dinnae ye worry about it, lad. Ye just be good and do yer part, aye?"

Edgar made a face but did as Merida asked.

********************

When they got to the small chapel that was a little ways out from London, they were met by an interesting looking clergyman.

"Everyone, I would like to introduce the Northumberly's personal vicar, Reverend Cucklehorn. He is a distant cousin of the Northumberlys." Radek said.

"How do you do?" the reverend said with a bow to the company. He looked around. "Hmm... How many Norths do we have?"

"Four Northumberlys; five cursed, including you, Reverend." Radek said.

"So many in one place is quite odd... Do forgive my appearance. I assume all those who are not afflicted are aware of what happens to us who are? With that being said, the curse has a few witty tricks of it's own. Come inside and let's begin the rehearsals."