You deserve me

It came faster than expected, Dixie moved a lot of her stuff out of her apartment and into Noah's because he had an extra day for his lease. The days were hectic, packing, saying goodbye. As much as neither wanted to admit it, this place had a lot of memories.

Going from one's apartment to the other had become a daily aspect of both of their lives. They were starting a new chapter, one they were both extremely excited and extremely nervous for. They didn't know what the future held, maybe that was a good thing, either way it was something new. It was change.

"Hey did you get the last of the boxes." Dixie asked looking at the door Noah had just walked through.

"Yup theses are the last of them"

"I'm gonna go in and make sure there's nothing left." Dixie responded still not sure what emotion she should be feeling at this moment.

"Did you get the one from the bathroom?"

"Yes I did." Noah said trying to meet Dixie's eyes and failing.

"Okay well I'll just-"

Noah stopped her with his hand, he graced the top of her forearm with his fingers in an attempt to get her attention.

"Hey are you okay?"

"Yea, of course I am why wouldn't I be?"

"If your having second thoughts.."

"No babe im fine, everything is fine."

———————— 3 hours later

It was around 5pm when the place was ready for them to move in. They had rented a u-haul and put all of Dixies things on it first since Noah still had his place for 24hours.

As they loaded things on the truck, Noah realized him and Dixie hadn't really talked.

"Dixie you good?" He was worried. Worried she wasn't ready, worried she didn't want to do this anymore, live with him.

"No, I'm not."

He stopped looking at her, he was trying not to show it but his heart was pounding so fast. He wanted this. A lot. He didn't want to be selfish, he knew that this was something they had to agree on, but just this once he wanted this to workout in his favor.

"What's up?" He was trying so hard not to cry. They got into the truck.

They sat in silence for a while. Noah looking at Dixie. Dixie trying not to acknowledge him.

"I'm scared." She said after a while.

"I am so happy that we can do this, but I'm not sure I'm ready for.."

She looked at Noah, he looked at her.

"I hope you understand, maybe in a couple years we can revisit the topic. I'll talk with the people at our apartment complex and see if I can get my place back, maybe you can talk to Amanda and see what we can do about the place, we haven't signed any sort of contract yet, so I don't see why she wouldn't let us—"

"No"

Dixie looked at Noah, that was the only thing he had said in the past couple minutes.

"I love you Dixie and I want you to be ready for this, I do. But I... I really want this, more than anything, and I have a feeling that your not doing this because you don't want to live with me. Your self sabotaging yourself because you don't believe you deserve this. This life, these things. Me. Dixie you have worked for everything you have. You deserve this. I know you have this whole idea that love isn't real and that "people like you" don't have it but that's not true. You deserve me Dixie."

She was crying. Tears fell from her eyes because he was right. She wanted to live with him. She'd been waiting for this. After Griffin she didn't believe it could happen. Love wasn't a true feeling it was something sad people hide behind to cover up the fact that there lonely. With Noah she's not lonely. She has a partner, a person. A soulmate.