Babe

Dixie met Kate in medical school. They were rant friends, used to tell each other everything because they believed they wouldn't see one another after they graduated. Kate dropped out of Medical School to become a Lawyer which is what she is now.

"Hey Dix can I talk to you?" "Yea what's up." Dixie and Kate shared an apartment. Kate had just got home and she was stressing about telling her only real friend what she was planning on going through with. "I've been thinking." "About what." Dixie was sitting on the couch books and magazines and remotes scattered the room it was messy but Dixie nor Kate felt shame in calling this place home.

"I don't want to be a surgeon" "what" Dixie got off of the couch trying to meet Kate eyes to read her expression. " i've been feeling like this for a while now and I think it's time for me to move on." " so you're just leaving your leaving me." "No Dixie" dixie backed away from Kate. " i'm not leaving you I'm just switching my career path I'm going to become a lawyer." " yeah right until you gave up on that too like you're giving up on me." " dixie come on you know it's not like that."

" what is it like Kate? Because as far as I can tell you're leaving, I mean you're going to take all of our stuff and move out and I'll have to pay rent and... no you can't leave me."

"Dixie stop all I want right now is your support can't you give me that."

"You don't think I want to, I want to more than anything be supportive of this, but how am I supposed to support The only real friend I've ever had leave."

"You support it because you know it 's best for me."

"Do I? Do I know that?"

"Dixie."

"What."

"I'm not leaving you, I'm leaving medical school."

Dixie had asked Kate if she wanted to go get coffee and check up. She had a lot on her mind at the moment, and coffee with Kate used to always help with that.

"So how have you been?" Kate asked as they found a seat outside.

"Good, I've been good."

"You know I always though you and Noah would make a cute couple."

"Yea, can we maybe not talk about Noah right now, I just want use to check up."

"Okay yea, for sure."

They talked about their medical school days and the random interaction they had with each other. They talked about the divorce and how Kate is married, they talked about books and the client Kate was defending, they even talked about Madi and Taylor, some friends they had back in the day.

When Dixie brought Kate back to her apartment it was because her and Noah wanted to talk to her.

Bryce was waiting for them as well.

"Babe?"

Is all Bryce could say as the girls walked in the door.