blood doesn't always mean family

It was 5:09 when Noah got a knock on his door, he didn't know who could have been relying on him this early in the morning. When he opened the door he wasn't tired anymore just happy to see the face standing behind it.

"Dixie." He said kindly smiling all excited and happy. "I'm-- happy to see you." He was stuttering and shaking and felt like giggling, giggling he had never wanted to giggle for a girl before. When he looked back up at her face finally realizing that his expression didn't match hers he took a breathe thinking about what to say before she broke the silence, loudly.

"DID YOU KNOW?" She started he was taken aback by her tone. "IS THAT WHY YOU'RE HERE DID YOU ALWAYS KNOW-" "Wait Dixie what are you talking about know wh--" He didn't get to finish his sentence. " AND THAT GIRL THAT YOU'RE BROUGHT WITH YOU TO THE PARTY THE ONE THAT LOOKED LIKE YOU WAS SHE THEIR JUST TO SEE HER ARE YOU GUYS TRIPLETS IS THERE MORE OF YOU DID YOU COME HERE JUST TO FIND HER."

Noah still couldn't understand what she was talking about trying to soothe her with his touch. "DON'T TOUCH ME." She screamed. "Dixie I don't know what you're talking about you need to calm down and-- " "DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN I'M NOT GONNA CALM DOWN." "Okay, let's take some breaths." "STOP TRYING TO CONTROL ME." She yelled again finally moving out of the hallway and into his living room. "I should have known." She finally said her voice lowering. "I knew it wasn't just surgery or... me that you can here for, I mean why would you even try and be friends with me all you came here to do was work and find your twin sister."

"Dixie."

"I mean is that way you were always looking at her always next to her you were trying to find out if she remembered you."

"Dixie listen to me I don't know how you found this out but--"

"From that fucking ancestry thing Nailea wanted to do."

"The one I throw in the trash YOU TOOK IT OUT."

"YES, I TOOK IT OUT."

"WHY."

"Because."

"That's not an answer."

"You were acting weird about it, I wanted to know what was going on because apparently were not close enough friends for you to just tell me."

"Is that what this is about."

"Yes, of course, that's what this is about."

She couldn't hold back the small drop of water that left her eyes as she spoke.

" Why wouldn't you tell me Noah were friends were more than at least I thought we were more than friends but I don't know as much about you as I thought."

"Dixie I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel like I was keeping it from you it's just not something I talk about."

"Why not?"

She asked walking closer to him and putting her ear to his chest feeling his heartbeat the slow rise and fall of his breath.

" I don't like talking about my twin sister the one that wants nothing to do with me."