Hurts

Bryce had left.

Both Noah and Dixie stared at each other for moment, before Dixie broke the silence.

"So there's more secrets."

"They are not secrets Dixie."

"Yeah but they're important details I should've known about."

"Were they?"

"Why didn't you tell me Noah, about your soccer career or your ex girlfriend or anything about your past."

" I told you about my past."

"Why didn't you tell me about Bryce."

"Why didn't you tell me about your dead dad."

"My dad's not dead he's alive— I just talked to him."

"Dixie."

"Noah."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it hurts Noah, it hurts to think about it, it hurts to reminisce on the memory and it sure as hell hurts to talk about it, I just lost my sister the only real family I had my dads been dead for the past god knows how many years and it hurts. It hurts to tap into the feeling I have on my dead family members and I know damn well it hurts just as much for you. So you don't get to call me out or yell at me or ask me to talk about it just so you can get more info on my fucked up life okay... It hurts Noah what about that do you not understand."

He didn't have any words so he just hugged her, let her cry in his arms until his shirt was wet with tears, until her eyes were swollen till all the feelings were out, till it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"I'm sorry."

Noah said in a breath.

"For ever making you feel like I was forcing you too talk about it. I do want to know you Dixie all of you, but not at the expense of your mental health. After my parents died I did in many more ways than one feel like my life was over, I know your going through that similar feeling with your sisters passing and I'm sure you went through it with your father. I guess I just have this need to take it away. To take away the pain, your pain."

Dixies kiss said "thank you."

She met his lips with happiness in her eyes, like she was so glad he understood.

They fell asleep on the couch, both wrapped up in each other's warm, but all Noah could think about was that he still had another problem a bigger problem.

A Bryce problem.