meet my girlfriend

Noah didn't want to bring up Dixie's father's death right after she lost her sister. He needed to give her time to heal first. Nick was leaving today, his girlfriend Madison who is a singer/songwriter and works in LA, flew out here because her manager wanted her to meet a guy, and to have dinner with him and Dixie.

Dixie was extremely excited, she had never met Madison but she had heard a few of her songs on the radio giving her the valid "knowing of her." title.

There was a calm knock at Dixie's front door and she ran to answer it. Noah thought it was cute. It may be a fake smile she's putting on to hide from the reality of yesterday but it was still a smile, one that looked genuine and heartfelt, one that was contagious because Noah couldn't help but smile every time he saw it.

"Hi, nice to meet you."

Madison hugged Dixie and Nick walked over to Noah bumping his fist as an acknowledgment of his presence. "Sup man," Nick said. "Hey." as if on cue Madison and Dixie walked over. "Hi, I'm Madison." "Nice to meet you, Noah." Noah nodded after Madison waved.

They walked to the couch. The food Dixie had ordered wasn't going to be there for another hour. She wanted everyone to get to know each other a bit. Noah and Madison sat on the couch while Dixie and Nick sat in the chairs opposite the couch.

"How's LA treating you?" Dixie asked wanted to start a conversation.

"Good we've been out there for a while, I mean it has its ups and downs but i like it. It's the only place I've ever called home." Madison was smiling like she knew she and Dixie were going to get along well.

"What about you?" Madison asked getting more comfortable on the couch.

"San Francisco is okay, it's good for the job aspect of it in terms of: how easy it is for us to get to work or being able to stop somewhere close for coffee. I don't hate it but I wouldn't be mad if we moved."

As Noah listen to Dixie speak the only thing he really heard was her say we. We as in him and Dixie the two of them together.

Dixie and Madison talked for a bit and Nick and Noah started there own conversation. About careers, sports and food.

"I'm sorry for you loss." Noah and Nick heard Madison say. They didn't know what the topic was, for the girls at that point but it was obviously something major.

"What lose?" Dixie seemed so confident as she spoke.

"Your sister, I'm so sorry my condolences go out to you and your family."

"My sister is alive, I talked to her this morning and my father and I we're just thinking about some way to improve my work performance."

"Oh I'm sorry I must have heard wrong."

"No worries, you guys ready for dinner?"

Dixie got up after the knock on the door. Setting on the table.

"Nick.." Noah said quietly as they both got up.

"I know, just don't.. we'll talk later."