Cali-fornia

They woke up in Noah's bed. Tangled in each other's warmth. Her hand was laying just below his chest and he had his arm around her.

She smiled when he eyes opened, she had slept so peacefully next to him, made her think about wanting to do it everyday.

"Good morning."  Noah said when the feel of her eyes on him woke him up.

"Hi." She said stretching.

All of a sudden there was a knock at the door. Dixie jumped at the sound.

"Who's that?"

"I'm not sure, what day is it?"

"It's Friday."

"Shit, shit."

"What what's wrong." She asked following him as he got up.

"I forgot she was coming today." She was running around looking for clothes.

"She?"  Dixie repeated.

"No no not like that.. shit."

There was another knock and this time Noah ran to open it.

"Go in the room."

"What?"

"Please just go."

She walked back into his room slightly pissed.
What was he hiding? Who was at the door?

She heard his short conversation with the women.

"Here you are."

"Yes thank you."

"She's not named yet."

"Oh perfect okay."

"Yea you too."

When the door shut, the first thing she heard was barking. She questioned the ability of her ears before Noah said she could back in.

She walked back into the living room and saw a golden retriever about the size of her palm. She smiled bending down to pet it.

"What the- you got a puppy." She said hugging it.

"You got a puppy." He said setting down all the stuff for the dog on the counter.

"You got me a dog." She couldn't stop smiling.

"You've just been perfect, everything with my birthday was kinda weighing on me and you were there."

She stood up go him in the eye.

"I just wanted to do something nice for you."

"I love you so much."

He hugged her so tightly, and when they broke off they looked down to the floor at the dog.

"What are you gonna name her?" He asked kissing her head.

"Cali, I'm going to name her Cali."