5 stages of greif

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

He knew Dixie was in her first stage with her sisters death but he thought she would have accepted the death of her father.

He was thinking about it as they ate looking at Nick and wondering if he had lied to him. He didn't know why or what for but he could have.

If his girlfriends father isn't really dead it would make sense why she was talking about him in the present tense however he couldn't bring himself to believe that.

Maybe it was because she never talked about her father. Maybe because a father's relationship with her daughter shapes her daughters relationship with men. Maybe because Noah felt like Nick could be trusted. Maybe he really wants to be there for her. He wants to convey reality for her.

"Hey Nick I left my phone in my apartment can you come help me find it."

"Uhh yea sure okay."

"Great let's go."

Noah pulled Nick from his chair pushing him out the door and yelling "we'll be back."

The girls kept laughing going back to their meal and conversation.

"What bro damn."

"You lied."

"What no I didn't."

"Her fathers not dead."

"Yes he is."

"Or really? How do you know?"

"He's dead Noah."

"How do you know where are you at the funeral the reception are you part of his well did you see you in the casket are you—"

" no"

" then what what happened"

"it doesn't matter"

"just tell me"

"No"

"Nick"

" I was there he died in my arms okay."

Noah took a breath feeling bad for going after him like that.

"Does Dixie know.. that you were there?"

"No I told her I found him like that I didn't want to make the death worst."

"Oh"

"Look she does this it will pass she's come to terms remember: Denial, Anger, Bargaining,
Depression, Acceptance.

"Your right. I just hate that I know she's hurting and I can't do anything about it."

"I know man she'll come around. It gets better."

Nick put a hand on Noah's shoulder in understanding.

"You just gotta be patient."