CHAPTER 22: Father and Son

The following day before a meeting with representatives I called the family conference to see what they thought of the idea. I thought I would make it extra and summoned them to the throne room. I mean what else should I use it for right? Frederick stood by Stephen as punctual as those two are with Nathaniel also close by, he seemed to have convinced Hannah to come as well so she awkwardly stood there waiting to hear what I had to say. Winston and Owen accompanied Diana both with their opposing points of view. Mari waited along with everyone else in the room and waited for Princeton to arrive to start. Lucius stood by messaging Princeton to quickly get here. Nicole, Ruben and Oliver also waited by my side. "Mother, I can step in for Psy." Frederick said, glancing over at Mari who kept looking back at the door. "No, Mari is his responsibility, you stay where you are." I said checking my time. The door burst open and Princeton entered dramatically.

"You're late," Winston said as Princeton scoffed, "And you're alive, what's the problem," Princeton said walking to Mari's side. "PRINCETON" I said, getting tired of waiting. "I'm sorry I'm late, dearest mother you see what happened was-" he said before I interrupted. "You will explain yourself later, you've already wasted plenty of time." I said. "Yes, of course," he said. "Before I talk to the representatives I wanted to see what you guys think about the idea for the schools. Of course the children of the forest part have already been decided but Stephen, Mari and Diana are up to you guys." I said sitting up right. "I want to go to school," Stephen said, taking a step forward enthusiastically. "From my experience I think a school would be better than private tutors social wise that is," Frederick answered looking at Nathaniel and Hannah to see if they had any objections, they both nodded as Stephen turned towards them with glee.

"I disagree with Diana's case, there are far too many special circumstances that we must account for." Winston continued. Diana looked up at him with pleading eyes "Please Winston, I promise I'll behave." Diana said, grabbing his hand. "Sorry, Diana. I can tutor her here," he said. "I think that she should go to school and you know, get to know others, make friends, learn new things and experience the outside world," Owen said. "Why are you even by me, I'm the one in charge of her," Winston said glaring at him. "Diana asked me to," Owen said, smiling at Diana. "Come on Winston, please~ I won't stray from Stephen's side." she said, going to bring Stephen closer. "Don't worry Winston, it used to just be me and my sister before I'll keep an eye on her at school." Stephen said. "I never thought anybody would fight to go to school..." Oliver said watching both Diana and Stephen really enthusiastic. Ruben glanced down towards his direction, "You have an opportunity other kids only dream of so you better not take it for granted anymore," Ruben said. "I know, you've already told me before." Oliver said, brushing him off.

"Alright but if I hear there's any sort of problem there you're getting private tutors," Winston said, giving in. "Yay, thank you Winston." Diana said, almost jumping of happiness. "And you Princeton?" I asked, turning towards him and Mari. "Mari was already attending a school in Terrana, she should actually be attending but I pulled some strings to get her some extended family leave." "... Then she'll be going back to her school and Stephen and Diana will be enrolled along with her," I said standing up. "I don't want to go to school," Mari said, grabbing Princeton's sleeve. "Mari, this isn't up for discussion. I told your teachers it was only for a short time only," Princeton said, bending down to her height and fixing her hair. Mari nodded softly without saying much more.

"Wait, why are they in Terrana? I want them to go to my school in Libero," Oliver said, turning towards me. "That may not be a good idea, you get distracted easily" Ruben said before I could answer. " I've been doing better in school though," Oliver said insisting. " Sorry Oliver but I agree with your brother you'll get distracted having the three in your school won't benefit you," I said and he flopped down disappointed.