Interesting Dinner?

Start from the beginning

Monty jumped and snapped his eyes open as Massimo and Giulia looked questionably at the table then at (Y/N) as she chuckled uneasily and shrugged.

She glanced at the two under the table before gasping under her breath when she noticed her wet hand, furrowing her brows when her (F/C) scales didn't immediately appear.

She gently ran her finger over her now scaled hand before shaking the water off quickly, not wanting to cause any suspicion. (Y/N) jumped when the boys sat at the table again, the two chuckling nervously at everyone's looks.

"Slipped." Luca picked up his glass cup and stiffly smiled.

Massimo and Giulia stared for another second before shrugging it off; "Eh." Monty watched as the three breathed softly in relief before turning his head away when (Y/N) looked at him.

The three teens looked confusedly (Monty lifting a unamused eyebrow at the feline's display of intimidation) at the ever-hating, growling cat as he stared down at Alberto and Luca. (Y/N) turned to them, whispering; "What'd you two do to make the cat mad?"

"Uh..." Luca struggles to answer as Alberto kept staring at the cat.

"Dinner's ready." Massimo announces as Giulia places the plates in front of everyone. "Trenette al pesto."

He then sat down, making the whole house shake and the lights waved suddenly to side. The three teens stared at Massimo as he stared back.

Lucas picked up his fork and laughs sheepishly, gulping when Massimo didn't change his expression.

Keeping eye contact, Alberto grabbed a  handful of pasta and shoved it in his mouth, freezing and gasping at the taste "Mmm!" He eagerly at the pasta as Luca looked at him and dropped his fork, taking a small bit between his fingers and slurping.

Giulia looked at the two with furrowed brows as they went wild before smiling. "Uh, Okay."

Not wanting to be as crazy as her friends, (Y/N) looked as how the others were using the forks and picked hers up. She stuck her tongue out a little in her trouble, seeing this Monty clear his throat and she looked at him.

He smiled and twirled his fork slowly for her to see, feeling pride when she nodded and did the same thing, laughing when her eyes went wide and shoved more pasta into her mouth.

Massimo's mouth curved a bit at the teens reactions to his food and spoke; "Where did you three say you were from?"

(Y/N) slurped her noodles as the boys stopped licking their plates, staring at the cat as he climbed on Massimo's shoulder and grumbled. Before they could answer Giulia nervously spoke up; "They're, uh, classmates. From Genova. (Y/N), Luca and, uh..."

Luca leaned closer to Giulia and whispered softly; "Alberto."

"Alberto!" Giulia nodded, stuffing pasta into her mouth.

"And what brings you to Portorosso?" Massimo turned to the teens again as Giulia panicked.

"Oh. Uh... Funny you should ask."

"Um..." (Y/N) cleared her throat and put her fork down. "We came for the race, sir."

"The race?" Massimo tilted his head, peeking an eye at his daughter as (Y/N) discreetly smacked Alberto's hand away from her pasta.

"Yeah." She cringed before shaving the rest of her food in her mouth, "Uh, you know what? Don't worry about it."

Monty scoffed, looking at Giulia in worry. ""Don't worry about it"?"

She nodded, quickly gathering the plates. "Mm-hmm. Don't worry about it."

Sharing a look with Monty, Massimo sighed as he placed his glass cup down. "Giulietta. A word."