XIX

That night went by faster than any other night

That night went by faster than any other night. When she woke up, she couldn't believe it was already morning. It was about 9:30, and Ivy wanted to get today over with, so she got up. She knew Finn would still be asleep, so she quietly walked to her bathroom, gently shutting the door.

She turned around and turned on the water in the shower, letting it get warm before she undressed. The water was practically scolding when she got in, flinching a little before letting the heat relax her muscles. She knew this was probably one of the last good showers she would have, so she enjoyed it as much as she could. Ivy washed her hair, lathering it more than usual. She rinsed and ran some conditioner through her hair, washing her body while she let it sit. She washed both off then just stood for a moment, feeling the water hit her back and run down her legs. Ivy then reluctantly turned off the water, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her torso.

She stepped out of the shower and brushed her hair, deciding to let it air dry so she wouldn't wake up Finn. She grabbed her clothes and left the bathroom, throwing them in her laundry hamper and walking to her dresser. She knelt down and opened the bottom drawer, grabbing a pair of comfortable black slacks. Ivy moved up and opened another drawer, grabbing a brown cardigan and a tank top to go underneath. She changed into the clothes she just grabbed, and threw her towel in the hamper.

Ivy looked at the time, and it was 10 o'clock. It was time. She walked to Finns room, and opened the door, walking carefully inside before kneeling down beside his bed and gently laying a hand on his shoulder. He stirred a little, then his eyes fluttered open, and a big smile grew on his face when he saw Ivy.

She smiled, "Good morning, my love. Do you wanna take a trip today?"

Finn nodded, "Yes! Where are we going?"

"We're gonna go visit Spencer at work."

"Really?!"

Ivy nodded, "But if we go we have to go soon, so you gotta get up and get dressed."

Finn giggled and nodded, throwing the blankets off of himself and waddling to his dresser. Ivy helped him pick out a pair of jeans and a long sleeve, and dressed him as well.

When he was ready, she hoisted him on her hip and grabbed her purse, shoving her keys and phone inside and leaving her apartment. Ivy locked the door behind her and walked down to the garage, setting Finn into the car seat when they got to her car, and buckling him in place. She got in the drivers side and pulled out of the spot, starting the drive to the F.B.I. headquarters.

On the way there Ivy stopped by a coffee shop, getting herself and Theo a coffee, and Finn a cake pop because he begged for one. She then drove to the security gate, and lowered her window when she got there. Theo was there and when he saw her, he greeted her with a small smile.