XVIII

Of course, just after Ivy, Spencer, and Finn started to become their own little family, Spencer got called on a case

Of course, just after Ivy, Spencer, and Finn started to become their own little family, Spencer got called on a case. Ivy was always very patient and understanding about his schedule, but this time she was a little annoyed. Finn was just getting used to having Spencer around, and then he leaves for who knows how long. There were seven other people on his team for that case, and Ivy couldn't understand why he could sit this one out and stay with them.

She didn't plan on communicating this with him, but after the look on Finns face when she told him Spencer was going away, she changed her mind.

Ivy decided to catch Spencer at the FBI building before he left, and since she couldn't leave Finn by himself, she took him with her. Finn was so excited to see where Spencer worked, and wouldn't stop talking about how he imagined it the whole way there.

Ivy pulled up to the security gate, and rolled down her window to greet Theo.

"Hey, long time no see." He teased.

"I know, I feel like it's been forever since I was last here."

He nodded, "Why did you stop coming?"

Ivy smiled, "Well I came because Garcia was helping me find someone, and we found him." She nodded towards Finn in the back seat.

Theo's eyes went wide, and a faint expression of fear crossed his features, but it disappeared as soon as it came. Ivy thought nothing of it.

He smiled and waved at the toddler, "Hello."

Finn waved back, "Hi!"

Theo turned around and grabbed Ivy's pass, handing it to her through the window, "Tell Garcia I say hi, will you?"

Ivy nodded, "Will do."

The gate lifted and Ivy drive through, finding a parking spot near the front and turning her car off. She grabbed her purse and flung it over her shoulder, closing the door behind her and opening the back door, reaching inside the car and unbuckling Finn from his car seat. She lifted him out and held him on her hip, closing and locking the door behind them.

As she walked to the entrance she clipped the visitors pass onto her shirt, making sure it was visible. When they got inside she stopped in front of the metal detector, dropping her purse on a small tray and sending it through. She set Finn on the ground and ushered him to go first, and watched as he waddled slowly through the metal detector. She followed after him and lifted him back up, grabbing her purse and heading straight for the elevator.

She pressed the button and the doors opened immediately, letting her walk inside and press the button for the sixth floor. As the elevator went up, Ivy could hear Finn humming along to the background music.

The doors opened and she walked though, walking straight to Penelope's office and opening the door. The blonde spun around in her chair and a smile broke out on her face as the sight of Finn.