XII

After getting over the initial shock of Spencer just walking out, Ivy got up to follow him, apologizing to everyone and thanking Rossi for the food

After getting over the initial shock of Spencer just walking out, Ivy got up to follow him, apologizing to everyone and thanking Rossi for the food. She walked to the door, grabbing her coat and walking through to the outside, the cold air cutting into her exposed skin. Ivy wanted to catch up with him, and she would if she left right away. His car was already gone, so she would probably get him at his apartment. She walked briskly to her car and slipped inside, throwing her coat on the passengers seat and turning on her car, pulling out of the driveway and starting her drive to Spencer's apartment.

Rossi's mansion was a way's away from her apartment, and Spencer's, so the drive took a little over 20 minutes. Ivy tried to think of a better reason as to why he just walked out other than the fact he was mad she had a child. Maybe he wasn't ready for the responsibility, of being with someone with a kid, but Ivy knew it was unlikely. Spencer didn't seem like that kind of guy, but why else would he have left? That's the question Ivy kept asking herself the entire ride to Spencer's, and she was no closer to an answer when she pulled into his complex then when she left Rossi's.

Ivy parked her car and got out almost immediately, shutting the door and walking to the stairwell door. She walked all the way to the top floor and didn't stop at the top before going to Spencer's door, landing three soft knocks before stepping back.

It was about a moment or two before Ivy heard the jingling of the lock behind the door, and after another second or two it was pulled open, revealing Spencer, who looked the exact same as when he left. He still wore a pair of black slacks and a white dress shirt, which was now half untucked and the top few buttons were loose.

Ivy gave him an apologetic look, "Can I come in?" She sighed softly, "Please?"

Spencer stepped back and gestured for her to come in. She followed his hand and walked into his apartment, the dark green walls and large bookshelf the same as the last time. Ivy heard the door shut behind her and she turned around, meeting Spencer's eyes.

"I'm so sorry Spencer," She started, her hand running through her hair, "I should have told you."

He nodded, "It would have been nice to have a heads up."

Her heart sank, maybe he was that kind of guy.

"I wanted to tell you, but I just didn't want to mess things up between us."

"Ivy you have a child with someone, of course that messes things up! I wish you'd told me you were taken before," he gestured between the two of them, "whatever this is."

That's why he's so upset, Ivy thought, he thinks I was taken this whole time.

"Spencer-"