VII

Ivy woke up the morning with a blinding headache

Ivy woke up the morning with a blinding headache. She didn't remember much from last night, only that she had drank a little too much then she should've. She reached her hands up to her eyes and rubbed her face, pushing her hair out of her face as well. She groaned and rolled over to her left, glancing at her alarm clock which read 10:30 a.m. Ivy still wanted to visit Garcia that day so she gathered all the energy she had for just waking up, and pulled herself up, throwing the blankets off and standing from her mattress.

She walked to her bathroom and shut the door, not bothering to look in the mirror before undressing and turning on the shower, waiting for it to heat up, then stepping inside. The warm water jolted her awake, her eyes now in full focus. Ivy grabbed her shampoo and washed her hair, before conditioning and washing her body. After about 20 minutes in the shower she turned off the water, reaching out behind the curtain and grabbing a towel before wrapping herself in it.

She stepped out of the shower and got ready for the day, applying light makeup and drying her hair. Ivy left the bathroom and walked over to her dresser, opening the second drawer to the top and rummaging through to find a shirt. Near the bottom was a cream coloured, low cut cardigan and a black turtle neck. She threw both pieces of clothing on her bed then opened the third drawer, grabbing a pair of plain black jeans. Ivy discarded her towel and dressed herself, afterwards grabbing black heeled boots from her closet and slipping those on as well.

She grabbed her phone from her night stand and left her room, leaving the door slightly open. She walked to her small dining table and set her phone down beside a small piece of paper. Ivy furrowed her brows and lifted up the card, turned it over and read it's contents. There on the card was Spencer's phone number. Suddenly, she remembered the events of last night, how Spencer showed her a magic trick which was his way of giving her his number.

Ivy filled with excitement, she grabbed her phone back off the table and opened messages, copying down his number and sending a brief text to Reid.

Ivy:
Hey! It's Ivy. I really liked your card trick last night.

She didn't even get to put her phone back down before he responded.

Spencer:
Thanks, I was nervous you'd think it was cheesy.

Ivy smiled, immediately writing a response.

Ivy:
Not at all, I thought it was cute:)

Spencer:
You think so?

Ivy:
Very much so, I'm surprised you couldn't tell how bad I was blushing.

Spencer:
I assumed it was the alcohol, but I'm glad you liked it. I don't normally do stuff like that.

Ivy furrowed her eyebrows.

Ivy:
Stuff like what?

Spencer:
Giving girls my number, especially like that.