V

Spencer walked into work that morning completely exhausted

Spencer walked into work that morning completely exhausted. The case with the military murders were driving him fucking insane. He stayed up until at least 3 am going over case notes and the profile, scanning to see if he'd missed something. Unfortunately, he didn't figure out any new information so he retired for the night.

Spencer pushed open the glass doors, being greeted with the smell of a fresh pot of coffee. He didn't bother dropping his bag at his desk and went straight for the kitchen. He grabbed a mug from one of the upper cabinets and set it on the counter, grabbing the pot of coffee and filling his cup almost to the top. Spencer placed the pot back down and grabbed the sugar, pouring at least five spoons worth into his coffee.

"Do you want some coffee with all that sugar?"

Spencer placed the sugar down and turned his head to the right, meeting the grinning Luke as he walked closer to the kitchen.

"Haha," Spencer replied flatly, "I had a long night, okay?"

It was obvious Luke's interest was peaked, so he walked up beside Spencer, pouring his own cup of coffee.

"And why's that lover boy?"

Spencer rolled his eyes, "It's definitely not what you're thinking." He paused, taking a sip of his coffee, the strong scent hitting his nose, "I was going over the case file."

Luke set the pot back down, grabbing his mug and holding it by his stomach, "It's been bugging you too, huh?"

Spencer nodded, "It just doesn't make sense. I hate to admit it, but when we cross paths with a female serial killer, she normally has a reason for killing." He sighed, "But I haven't figured out one reason why she would be killing those men."

Luke sipped at his coffee, "Most of the time, it doesn't have to make sense to us, all that matters is that it makes sense to them."

"I know. Still, it's been bugging me since we got back."

"Me too, Reid."

They both left the conversation at that, and both walked over to their desks. Spencer slid his shoulder bag off his shoulder and onto the floor. He set his mug on his desk and started working on paper work he'd left unfinished yesterday. He didn't get to write much before Garcia came strutting into the bullpen, her curled blonde hair swaying as the walked.

Luke lifted his head up from his paper work, and he smiled when he saw Garcia walk in, "Ah Garcia, to what do we owe this pleasure?"

Penelope smiled, "I come baring some news."

Matt lifted his head as well, "And what news is that?"