VIII

It had been a few days since Spencer left on his case, and since Garcia and Ivy had last met up

It had been a few days since Spencer left on his case, and since Garcia and Ivy had last met up. This case in particular was a difficult one so they needed Penelope's full focus. Ivy didn't mind if she was honest, she was glad to get a breather and a few days to herself. She wasn't completely by herself though.

Her and Spencer had been texting everyday while he was in Florida, mainly so she could distract him for a small amount of time from the case. He was having a tough time with this one, he normally does when a case involves kids. The night before, he had called Ivy from the hotel, and he sounded so exhausted and frustrated. They knew who the unsub was, the problem was catching him. Ivy felt for Spencer, she could imagine how difficult it must be, having an unsub get away. Herself included.

It was about 9 p.m. and the light of the day was long gone. Ivy didn't have any plans, except to drink coffee and binge watch her favourite show Bones. She loved the main character, Temperance Brennan. She was a forensic anthropologist working with the FBI. If Ivy hadn't turned out to be a serial killer, she would've loved that job.

She walked into the kitchen and turned on the coffee machine, and waited a few minutes for the water to heat up. When it finally did, she grabbed her mug from the cupboard, plain black with Darth Vader on it. She was a complete nerd for Star Wars. Ivy set her mug under the spout and clicked one of the buttons, after which a steady stream of coffee fell into her cup. While her coffee was pouring, she walked over to the fridge and grabbed the milk, setting down on the counter before grabbing the sugar from one of the cabinets. When her coffee was done, she added the milk and sugar to it, making the drink light brown in colour.

Ivy grabbed her mug and brought it to the couch, setting it on the small table in front of her before setting herself down on the deep red couch. She grabbed the remote and flicked the T.V. on, switching the channels to play Bones. She watched a full episode, and had just started the next one, when her phone buzzed from the arm of the couch. Ivy grabbed her phone and flipped it over, opening it, and going to her messages. It was from Spencer.

Spencer:
We're back in Virginia.

Ivy smiled.

Ivy:
That's great! How did the case turn out?

Spencer:
He got away.

Ivy's heart sank.

Ivy:
I'm so sorry Spencer.

She paused for a moment before sending another message.

Ivy:
Are you okay?