XI

It took the FBI almost a week to find the body

It took the FBI almost a week to find the body. The warehouse was more secluded then Ivy had thought. By the time they found Annika the entire holding had burnt itself out, leaving nothing but ashes and an unidentifiable set of remains. The only reason Ivy knew any of this was because it was on the news on Sunday, 6 days after she had killed her. Since it was still a BAU case, Spencer had mentioned to Ivy that he was investigating the fire, and he'd probably be busy the next few days, and he was true to his word. Ivy hadn't spoken to him much since Sunday, but now it was Wednesday and the case had gone cold. So, Ivy decided to go to the FBI building that day to do some more digging with Garcia.

Without the fathers name, finding Finn was much harder then it could be. Ivy still refused to resort to using his fathers name to find Finn, she loathed the mere thought of that man. So Ivy was still going a few times a week to meet Garcia, most of the time getting a hot trail but ultimately meeting a dead end.

Ivy decided to dress very casual that day, wearing some black jeans and a black ribbed turtleneck, styling them with a medium brown long coat and some black heeled boots. Before leaving her apartment that morning, Ivy grabbed her keys, phone, and wallet, putting them all in her black purse before leaving her apartment, starting the short walk down to the garage.

She spotted her car not to far from the stair well and clicked it on, walking around to the drivers side and slipping inside. She put the car in gear and pulled out of her complex, deciding to stop by a coffee shop on the way there. She ordered two large coffees, one with milk and sugar, the other just plain black, a latte and a croissant for Garcia, and a glazed donut for Theo. After getting all her food Ivy drove to the FBI building, stopping through security before being let in the parking lot.

She pulled up to the small booth and got Theo's attention, "Morning Theo!"

The guard smiled, walking the short distance to the edge of her car, "Heya Ivy," He took a quick glance into her car and eyed the food on the passengers seat, "anything for me?"

Ivy smiled, "Yes, actually." She reached to her right and grabbed the black coffee and donut, turning back towards Theo and handing him both, "Just a small thanks for being so nice to me."

Theo looked genuinely surprised, hesitantly taking the drink and small bag from her hands, "Are you sure?"

She waved her hand teasingly, "Of course. Anything for my favourite security guard."

His smile grew and he stepped back into his booth, setting his new food on the counter before turning back to Ivy, "You didn't have to you know."

"I know, but I wanted to."

He chuckled slightly, pressing the button on the panel to let Ivy through, "Remind me to repay the gesture."