「 mind like a diamond 」

Start from the beginning

Harry gaped at her.

"Yeah, I know, " Ange pulled out her wand, flexing her arm, "But she's pretty good, actually. Nothing on you, of course, " she said, throwing him a harsh look, "but as we can't have you... "

"And what about the Beaters?" Harry asked, his voice determinedly cool.

"Andrew Kirke and Jack Sloper, " Alicia slinked over, speaking with little enthusiasm,
"Neither of them are brilliant, but compared with the rest of the idiots who turned up... "

"I'm seconds away from strapping you to that broom, Hera, I swear to Merlin— " Ange eyed the new team miserably.

Hera gave a teasing laugh, "Awe, don't do that... "

"You wouldn't take that long to be good, I'd bet!" Ange noticeably brightened, turning to face her friend imploringly, "It's in your genes, "

"Well, mine are recessive... "

"I always saw you ending up with someone who could play well. "
Katie mused, "Just think — you could have little Quidditch prodigy kids running about!"

"Why don't you and Lee get on starting your own Quidditch team?" Hera said suggestively,
"With your talent and his... energy, you'd have like a seventy-five per cent chance of one of them being good at it— "

Ange frowned, shifting closer to her, "I'm not joking; Every single one of your friends plays Quidditch — Me, Allie, Kat, Fred and George... even Roger!"

"When you list it like that, I feel so much more popular, " Hera laughed, Katie pushing her shoulder gently as if that would make her any more serious.

"My point is you've listened to us talk about it for years already! When you had that thing with Oliver, you were at nearly all the practises— "

Harry's eyes widened in surprise, and Hera eyed Ange nervously,
"You had a thing with Oliver?" he asked.

"Not really — Lee and I used to yell 'Morning, Wood' at him, and somehow he found that appealing... Probably Lee more than me, " Hera returned in a low voice, looking anxiously around the packed common room for any eavesdroppers.

"Rara, you know every trick under the sun!"
Katie praised, "Just hop on and figure it out, no ones asking you to— "

Fred walked across the common room, dodging George as he tried to put another Headless Hat on him,
"What's Hera hopping on?" he sounded hopeful.

"Not you, that's for sure, " Hera said quietly, the others unperturbed at how quickly the retort had come to her.

Fred sat himself on the armchair closest to her, whispering into her ear,
"You sure took your time telling me about the Marauders... Don't leave me out on this too — tell me, what's it you're hopping on, or is it a who?"

"Ange, I'm not getting on a broom, " Hera answered with a small glare at Fred's triumphant look.

"Why not?" she frowned.

Hera gave a weary look to her brother, who seemed detached from the room and the conversations within it,
"I barely knew how to fly until Ced taught me— "

"Is it about him?" Katie said carefully.

"I don't know... All I'm saying is it's too soon for me to be any good at it — or even help you guys, "
Hera's tone apologetic, she slinked off towards the dormitories, unaware of the concerned expressions shared between her friends.

— MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN
MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS "RALLYING POINT" FOR OLD DEATH EATERS —