"they're taking him to surgery" a doctor told who i'm gonna assume is someone related to that guy.

"please, he's my husband!" the lady cried. "don't let him die please!"

"let's get him ready to transport" mom said while everyone around her helped put the man on a moveable bed. "one, two, three"

his vitals were beeping a lot, and that's not a good sign.

i saw that his heartbeat has dropped too...

damn what if i watch someone die today

mom motioned for me to follow her to the O.R. when we got there, i washed my hands like she taught me when i was a kid. i've been washing my hands like that every time i have to for almost my whole life and billie proceeds to make fun of me because i do.

i miss her

i put on a disposable and sterile robe when we walked in.

honestly, i feel kinda bad because she's making me do things rather than her interns who have been studying for years.

like imagine a teen just comes in at your job and takes over. i'd be pretty mad not gonna lie.

i watched as she cut open the patients chest with a scalpel.

blood poured out the second the skin split open.

"he definitely has a hemothorax" i mumbled quietly.

"what did you say?" mom looked up at me while she stuck a tube inside his chest to drain out the blood.

"oh- i just said he has a hemothorax" i shrugged. "bleeding in his chest, but i might be wrong"

"you're right" she nodded and smiled behind her mask.

she finished doing whatever procedure on him and motioned for me to get closer.

"suture him up for me" mom told me while moving away from the table. "i know you can do that"

"mom-" i made a face and looked at her. "are you serious?"

"i've taught you how" she said while standing besides me. "you can do it jay"

i grabbed the little hook and pierced it through the persons skin. i then made a little knot and kept on going from there.

i finished in a couple of minutes and cut the string.

"holy shit" some intern said. "you can't even tell they have stitches!"

i looked at them and looked at mom.

she patted my shoulder and turned around to walk out the O.R. i followed her out and took off everything. we both then walked out to the hall.

"did you like that?" she smirked at me.

"yeah" a little smile crept on my face. "i did"

"i have a surgery in two hours" mom told me. "dad is prepping for his right now, do you wanna go watch him?"

"fuck yeah" i nodded.

mom made me follow her into an observation room.

when we got there, she pressed a button and began talking into a microphone thing.

"looks who's here shawn" she said happily.

dad looked up and made eye contact with me.

"jay!" he exclaimed. "come down here, you too darby"

mom and i both went down there and cleaned our hands to enter. a nurse gave us a mask and a sterile robe.

"i'm just getting started" dad said when i stood beside him. "this patient has a tumor right by his parietal lobe, so it'll be an easy one"