21: Florence

For the fifth chapter I'm going to promote myself to God. Thank you very much. 

"I've heard a lot of nice things about Florence." Zayn says when they step out of the van.

"It's probably only churches, museums and walls." Louis rolls his eyes.

"There is also a bridge." Harry jokes.

"Funny, Haz. Isn't there like an aquapark or something? You know something that doesn't have anything to do with religion, culture or fucking walls?"

"Hey! You liked my wall, right?" Harry pouts.

"Of course I liked your wall, baby." Louis coos, giving the younger boy a fond look. And Harry has a proud smile on his face now, sticking out his tongue because Louis did like the thing he chose.

"Why don't we go for breakfast first?" Liam suggests. He seems a bit odd but none of the boys pay attention.

"FOOD! I'm in." Niall screams, jumping around like a five year old.

"I saw a good place on tripadvisor, read about it. We should go there." Liam says, already taking the lead. And all the boys just follow.

Harry sees his whole world falling down when they enter the terrace of the breakfast place. His heart is breaking off and he is doing his best not to cry. This can't be true.

"Marco?" Louis sounds as shocked as Harry himself is.

"Darling!" Marco stands up, walks up to Louis and kisses his lips. It hurts Harry pretty badly.

"What are you doing here?" Louis tries not to sound that he is disappointed because he sees his boyfriend, but deep in his heart he is because it means he can't be as close to Harry as he usually is.

"I couldn't get our fight out of my head. You don't answer your calls and I just got really worried. I love you Louis so I came down here to spend the day with you and your friends, don't think I want to hold you up, I was just hoping that you could find some time for that talk. I want us to be okay again, my sweetheart." Marco takes Louis' hand and kisses his knuckles.

"How did you know we would be here?" is the only thing that Louis can say. "I mean we could have been everywhere."

"I texted Liam, told him he couldn't tell you because it's a surprise. I'm so happy to see you again!" Marco hugs Louis and kisses him as passionate as possible. And Louis wants to enjoy the kiss, wants to feel at least one butterfly but the only thing he sees is Harry's heartbroken look in his eyes.

"I'm going to the bathroom." Harry clears his throat and is about to walk inside.

"Harry, wait. I'm coming with you. I need to go as well." Louis quickly lets go of his boyfriend and walks inside together with Harry.

Once the curly lad is in the bathroom, he bursts out in tears, locked up in his stall. He doesn't want to come out like ever.

"Harry, I can hear you cry." Louis sounds sad as well. "Please open up. I want to talk."

"I'm alright, Lou. Go back outside, yeah. You're boyfriend is here. You should enjoy your time together." Harry tries to sound like he smiles but Louis knows him better.

"I swear to god Harry if you don't let me inside now I will just break the door." Louis threatens and it works, the red symbol turning white.

Louis walks inside, locks the door again and takes place on Harry's lap, each leg on one side of Harry's.

"Don't cry, baby." Louis coos. He wipes away Harry's' tears with his thumb, fighting his own tears. He could never stand to see Harry cry.

"I'm sorry, Louis. I wish you all the best and I'm so happy for you that your boyfriend is here. It just hurts to see you kiss him, knowing that you also have feelings for me but I fucked it up myself. Knowing that it would have been me if I weren't a stupid idiot. It hurts to see you in the arms of someone that treats you better than I did. Seeing you and him kiss..." Harry struggles to find the words to say. He is hurt, so hurt. Always when they make up something else happens.

"I'm not going to kiss him in front of you anymore, baby." Louis promises, stroking Harry's hair. "I'm not going to hurt you on purpose." He promises, kissing Harry's forehead. "Marco being here or not doesn't change anything, okay? We're Harry and Louis, we're going to spend this day together. Don't cry, my love please don't' cry. It hurts so much to see you cry." Louis can feel his own tears falling down as well but he ignores them. He has to make sure Harry is fine first.

"I don't want to ruin your time with him, Lou. I've ruined enough already for you."

"Don't care." Louis answers immediately. "Don't give a single shit. The only thing that ruins my time is seeing you sad, baby."

"We should go back." Harry sighs. "It would be suspicious if we both stayed in here forever."

Louis nods and leaves Harry's lap, opening the stall. He walks up to the sink, takes a piece of paper towel, puts it under the water and then walks up to Harry, fixing his face.

"Trying to get the red off your face." Louis explains, putting the cold paper all over Harry's face. "My pretty boy."

"Thanks, Lou."

Louis kisses Harry's cheek one more time before they leave the bathroom and squeezes his hand. He can't have him sad. It makes Louis sad himself. 

And Louis starts to understand that if he is willing to ignore his own boyfriend for Harry, the boy that drove hours to be there with him and talk things out, that maybe even if he doesn't trust Harry all the way yet, he can't keep stringing Marco along.

Choose the one your heart is beating for.