16: Lucca

Last one of today

Zayn Niall and Liam take forever on their stupid trips to museums and churches and a fucking wall. Louis is in the van, trying to sleep on the mattress while Harry is sitting outside of it, just thinking. It's literally six hours later that the three idiots arrive back.

"Hey guys! How was your day? We got you some snacks!" Niall says loudly with a big smile on his face when they arrive back.

"Don't want to talk about it." Harry's eyes are still swollen and his voice is hoarse, barely audible.

"Where's Lou?" Zayn asks immediately. If Harry is in this state he can't imagine how Louis is. He is very cautious about his best friend's mental health.

"He's inside of the van." Harry speaks softly and Zayn immediately jumps inside and the first thing he notices is the red bandage around Louis' hand and wrist.

"Fuck, Lou you didn't!" he immediately panics. "Whatever happened, we can talk about it yeah? Everything is solvable, we got this." Zayn whispers to the boy, immediately closing him into his arms. "Don't hurt yourself, please. I love you way too much for that."

"As much as I love sappy Zayn, I didn't harm myself buddy. I uh, I broke a glass with my hand." Louis admits. "But thank you for caring, if you ever feel down you can talk to me as well." Louis hugs Zayn back and hides his face in the crook of his neck. "You're my best friend, I love you too."

"Why's Harry outside then?" Zayn asks carefully. "If you don't want to talk about it that's alright, just figured that you would want to."

Louis nods and tears appear again in his eyes. They literally burn from the amount of tears he has cried today.

"We uh, we talk about our break up, about the reason. I took it pretty hard I guess. I wanted to know it so maybe I could move on you know but it made everything so much harder." Louis confesses. "Everything is so fucking hard, Zayn. I shouldn't love him the way I do after what he has done to me you know and I still fucking do." Louis sobs. "And Marco..."

"I know what's going on in your head, Louis. You don't owe, Marco okay? If you love him and you make the decision to stay with him I fully support you if you think that makes you happy. But don't stay together with him because of the things he did for you. He did them out of love, Louis but it was his own choice okay? You never pushed him to live with him for free, you never asked him to do everything he did for you. It was all his own decision and just because he does a lot for you is not a reason to stay with someone if you don't love them." Zayn advices his best friend.

"And you also don't have to make a decision today. There is time. If Harry truly loves you, he'll wait okay? Figure out your own feelings first before you promise things to others. Take some time for yourself okay, Lou?"

Louis nods and smiles through his tears.

"You're the best, Zayn. You know that right?"

"I do." He smirks cockily.

Louis gives him a playful slap and right after he hugs him.

"I love you."

--

"This motel is really cheap." Liam says pointing at a building. "I looked it up on internet. We can sleep there tonight maybe?" he suggests

"I'm in." Niall agrees. "I want to shower. It's bloody hot."

"Cool, let's go inside and I'll talk to the lady. My Italian is getting there you know." Zayn smiles proudly. The four boys follow him inside and Zayn starts to talk to the woman.

"Excuse me, do you still have rooms free?" Zayn asks.

"Let me check it for you, young man." She smiles, starting to click when she stares at her screen.

"We have two double rooms available."

"Okay, is there a possibility to put an extra bed on one?" Zayn asks. "We are five."

"No can do, Sir. In case of fire alarms and stuff I'm not allowed to check in three people in a room for two. I am so sorry, I can only put in 4."

"It's alright." Harry interrupts. "Just let me shower quickly in one of your rooms and I'll sleep in the van."

"Are you sure, Haz?" Niall gives his friend a worried look. "You don't have to. We can just look for another place and pay a little bit extra so all of us can have a room."

"It's fine." Harry smiles. "The mattresses are pretty comfortable and when I'm there on my own it's less noisy. I'll sleep like a baby, promised."

"So you are okay if we take the rooms?" Liam asks and Harry nods. "Yeah, am I allowed to shower?" he asks the woman.

"As long as I see you leaving the hotel again it's alright." The woman nods.

"Fine, we'll take it then." Zayn takes his credit card and pays the woman. Harry quickly showers and then moves to the van. It's good to have some time to himself.

It's two in the morning when Harry feels something besides him and when he looks he sees a short figure standing next to the mattress.

"Lou?" Harry asks confusedly. "Is that you?"

Louis doesn't say anything. He just takes place next to Harry and puts his head on the taller boy's chest, his hands wrapped around Harry's waist.

"I can't sleep when we fight like this." His voice is shaking and Harry can feel his hot tears on his naked chest. "I can't stop thinking about it."

"Me neither." Harry confesses and his hand goes to Louis' hair, starting to stroke it. "I don't want us to fight, Lou."

"Don't want it either but it hurts very much, Harry. Everything hurts, my heart hurts so much and I don't know what to do." He whispers, trying to get his voice under control.

"Whatever decision you make, I'll be by your side, I swear Lou." Harry whispers against Louis' hair. "I'm not making the same mistake twice. Love, friendship, I'll take anything you give me."

"I need time to figure this all out, Hazza." Louis' finger is making figures on Harry's chest. "And if I decide to break up with Marco I'll do it in person with a proper explanation and I don't know if I will be ready to fall right back into your arms. I have to think so much but in that time I want us to be friends, I want us to get along and have the fun like we always used to have. Is that alright? Because I don't want to think I'm leading you on, Harry. I couldn't do that to you."

"It's alright, Lou. I'm patient, I'll wait."

"Can I sleep here with you tonight?" Louis asks softly.

"Why, missed me?" Harry teases, trying to get the mood light again.

"No, Niall snores." Louis teases back.

"He does." Harry agrees. "Yeah, of course you can sleep here with me. I'd love to have you near."

"Great. And yeah I missed you that's why I'm here. You know why that's the reason, Haz?"

"Why?"

"You fucking snore too."