Ch. 100 - THE WOLVES OF WAR

Mulai dari awal

Azalea quickly ran out and wrapped her arm around a winter's neck before slamming him into the ground. She stood up and held her hand out right as a couple hunters ran up to her and her eyes turned her smokey grey-silver. She slowly made a fist until she hear their arms snap and them cry out in pain before falling to the ground.

Derek slammed another of Monroe's men onto the ground like a sack of potatoes, which leads Monroe to realize that they're outmatched. She runs toward her SUV with the rest of the Hunters who are conscious and not badly injured before they drive away.

Once they're gone, they all meet up and join Scott, who had been trying his best to keep Deucalion alive, to no avail. Deucalion's breaths become more and more shallow as he gently thrusts his hand on top of Scott's, a trickle of blood dripping from his mouth. Scott, knowing deep down that Deucalion won't survive, looks devastated as he makes eye contact and listens to what he has to say.

"Gerard... What he f-f-fears most... He can't... beat you..." He said weakly as he slowly runs out of air and time, though he chuckles as if almost in amusement when he realizes how this war ends, smiling in spite of himself. "...And he knows it." Before Deucalion can say more, his eyes go glassy, his breathing stops, and his hand slips out of Scott's own, confirming his death.

Scott, with tears in his eyes, exhales in disappointment as the others gather closely around him. "It's really started, hasn't it?" Malka asked and Stiles frowned, "What's started?" He asked and Scott stands to his feet, though he doesn't immediately take his eyes off of Deucalion's body as Azalea comfortingly grabbed his hand.

"It's an all-out war."

When Scott finally turns to look at the rest of his friends, he suddenly remembers that Derek has re-joined them for the first time in over a year and looks at him in shock. Noticing Scott's line of sight, Azalea, Lydia, Malia, Stefan, Anya and Peter all turn to look at Derek as well as Scott walks forward and hugs him tightly, though Peter rolls his eyes in the background and sighs before he turns toward his nephew.

"As much as I enjoy the impromptu family reunion, what are you doing here?" Peter said and Derek and Scott break apart, each clapping each other on the shoulder in a brotherly fashion as they do so, before Derek begins to explain his return to his hometown.

"I found a pack slaughtered in Brazil. There were two words written in blood on the wall- Beacon Hills." He said and Scott glanced back at Deucalion's body for a moment before turning back to Derek with a surprised look on his face. "You came back for Beacon Hills?" He asked and Derek gave him a look, "No- I came back for you."

Scott looks at Derek gratefully and smiles at him before suddenly, the police radio in Stiles' Jeep starts to chirp and beep. After a moment, Gerard's voice is heard through the speakers, and the pack follows Scott and Stiles to the Jeep.

Scott gets into the passenger seat while Stiles gets into the driver's seat, while the others circle around the open windows to hear what Gerard has to say. Ever the literary scholar, Gerard recites an modified excerpt from Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar, which is spoken by Mark Antony in Act 1, Scene 3.

"Blood and destruction / And dreadful objects so familiar / All pity choked with custom of fell deeds / And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge / With Ate by his side come hot from hell / Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice... Do you know the rest, Scott? Do you know your Shakespeare?"

Scott looks up at Derek, who is standing outside of the passenger door of the Jeep with Azalea and who nods to indicate that he knows the answer. Scott picks up the radio microphone and hands it to Derek, who finishes the quote, "Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war..."