- Side story 2! -

The black hole that sits on my coal heart, lilies sprout from yours.
Your roots spread into mine, and turned my ashes into a waterfall of flowers.
Our seeds entertweined, created our new beginning.

~
~

- Kurapika's POV -

I wonder, what sparked our meeting.
I don't believe in fate or any god.
I believe in... myself?
Even in myself I don't believe.
If I don't believe, if I don't hope, what do I have?

"Kurapika you idiot, you know I'm hopelessly devoted to you!"

" My heart is yours. Pfffft how corny was that!!"

That's right.. their sweet smile.
I promised my heart would beat with theirs, for eternity.
Even if my heart is bloody, hanging out my being, I will find some way to reach them. Perhaps my heart will still beat inside of hers?

She's what I believe in.
Maybe God does exist, maybe he did give me life. That life was able to be planted and grown on this earth, is Y/n.

I'm not essentially a sappy or a touchy person.
However, they make me want to love every fraction in her atoms.

If one day she dies,

I've made the decision I'd die with her.

" Kurapika are you thinking of y/n again. You get that weird glossy expression and that stupid small smile when you think of them...."

Leorio.

" Haha... I guess your correct." I reply picking up a book.

Leorio's lips part, sighing, creaking back to his office.

Somethings off about Leorio recently. It almost as if jealousy reflects in his eyes when y/n is mentioned.

" Y/N WHATS FOR DINNER??" Leorio's voice carries from around the corner.

"I'm tired, make your own damn food!!" Y/n, yells with enthusiasm, trying to take their mind off their aching muscles.

"Are you sure about that Y/n?... He'll end up burning the house down."

" HEY WATCH IT!"

This is the life I've been given..
And for the first time in years I thought..

This might not be so bad.

- end of chap -

~Authors note ~: So I'm not sure what pronouns I want y/n to stick with so I used both she/her and they/them pronouns for this chapter. Can you please consider to tell me which ones you would prefer for me to continue with? This chapter is also short but I needed to publish. Don't hate me too much ;)

Updated Authors note: I think I might go with they/them! I'm editing these chapters and I'm seeing that I want you have to have more freedom. At the beginning of the story I had wanted for y/n to have a gender not specified so anyone and everyone that read this story could relate and put themselves into the story more. I will continue to edit and change the pronouns to they/them pronouns :)