- It's all my fault -

*Still Kurapika's POV (point of view)*

I haven't left her side.

I haven't and will never leave her side again.

I won't put her through that again, I wont.

If I hadn't-

"Kurapika, you should ..... maybe get some rest...." Killua bashfully says at the brim of Y/n's room.

I can't...

"I'm ok." I respond, holding on tighter to her hand.

"No your're not." Leorio appears behind Killua.

I'm ok.

I'm ok.

I'm ok......

I'm not ok. I know that, but I'm not leaving her side again.

The two boys sigh and shift their direction for seemingly the kitchen.

*Time skip to 9:00 pm*

Footsteps wandered and greeted at the front of Y/n's room once again.

A hard object flew and landed softly on the bottom of Y/n's 'bed' making me turn my tired head.

(nghagha that rymed.. ok i'll shut up now)

There laid the book we read everynight, DinoHunter, the book that was gifted to me and My former best friend.

"You should read it to her, might spark her brain activity." Leorio says with hope, returning to the living room.

Spark her brain activity..

I pick up the matured book and examine the bone structure.

Will this really be of a benefit? 

I lay next to Y/n, hoping not to make her of any discomfort and open the book.

I run my fingers along the sagacious, old words incarved in the pages. Resting Y/n's head on my shoulder, I grab her hand and part my lips.

( In the anime, It really doesn't show much on the content of this book so I'm really sorry I can't put as much detail needed.)

I read gently, hoping she'd somehow awaken.

Leorio informed me Y/n was in a coma. They told the doctors who came, that she had gotten hit by a car and needed help immediatly. It was too dangerous to move her. She may never wake up, and it's all my fault. She may never get to be embraced by the winds sweet harmony again, she may never get to get the pleasure of seeing the beauty of this merciless world, 

She may never get to know that I love her.

I paused my reading, choking on the realization. 

I rest my head on hers as the tears fabricate in my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"I'm sorry."

Suddenly the door gently cracks open making me wipe my dampened eyes and sit up.

Melody..

Her eyes widen with shock, stunned in her step.

"Ku..rapika." She let's out.

I'm assuming she understands the situation.

One of her abilitys is that she can hear the heartbeats of individuals around her. You can tell a lot about someone with only their heartbeat. You can depict the emotion and the intention of ones heart. I'm assuming she knows, as soon as she walked in, in fact. The things that no one else knows, the things that I don't even know.

She walks closer to Y/n and I, taking a further examination.

"Did Leorio tell you to come?" I ask, tired.

No response.

" You need rest, you don't have to leave her side as you don't want ... but you need rest Kurapika." She says, intently looking at my spent face.

I guess shes right.

Melody shifts her vision to y/n's weak and healing body.

"She will wake up." Melody says with a small but warming smile.

She will wake up?

Melody leaves the room, fully aware from my heartbeat that I'll listen to what my body needs.

I let out an exhausted sigh, laying my head back on y/n's, closing my eyes.

I feel safe around her, I feel comforted.

I drift off to sleep, as Y/n's embrase washes away all of my worries.

*In the living room*

"Hey Melody, were you able to convince Kurapika?" Leorio asks on the couch as Gon and Killua listens in.

She nods and proceeds to walk to the contemparary door and exit the house.

"Well that's a releif huh." Leorio says.

Killua hums in response and Gon nods exitedly.

Maybe things will get better from now on

Authors note: Remember to vote and comment! And WhoaAAh- 200 reads, guys your too mice to me GAH. Remember to eat and drink today too!