"But boys are gross. I want a baby sister." She huffs looking at me with a frown.

"Sweetheart." "I want a baby sister!" She screams essentially cutting me off. I take a deep breath looking at my oldest daughter.

"Madison Mae Olsen. We do not yell in this house. Especially not in the morning when your mama is trying to sleep. Look I understand that you want a baby sister. But sometimes sweetheart the things that we want don't always happen." I look at the girl in the eyes, "and Alex is your baby sister remember. You're 10 minutes older than her."

"Mommy that doesn't count though." She huffs crossing her arms over her chest. "Look at it this way Madi, if mama and I had a baby you wouldn't be getting lots of sleep. When Henry first came to live with us he was crying every 2 hours. You and Alex got upset not being able to sleep that much. Babies aren't like your baby dolls." I point out poking the little girl in the stomach.

"You're right mommy. Can I put the chocolate chips in the pamcakes?" She asks looking hopeful. The way she says pancakes is adorable. It reminds me of how I used to say pancakes growing up. "Of course kiddo." I smile.

Madi beams with a little squeal. I hand her the package of chocolate chips. She sits there on the counter swinging her legs humming while I was making the batter. "Chocolate chips time." I look up at her. She smiles handing me the package to open.

I open the package giving them back to her. She starts to pour the chocolate chips into the batter. Once she poured half the bag I stopped her pulling the bag from her hands. "Not to much remember?" "Right. Sorry mommy." She whispers looking at me. "You're learning kiddo."

Madi beams happy with herself that she didn't mess up our breakfast. "Madi how about you go quietly go wake up Mama and your siblings?" I ask helping her down off the counter. She nodded quickly scurrying out of the kitchen up the stairs to the bedrooms.

I smile shaking my head while getting the pan ready to cook the pancakes.

Lizzie was the first one down the stairs after I sent Madi upstairs. She was currently carrying our son in her arms. He was still asleep.

We were in the process of adopting Henry as it's not official yet. His mom died a few days after childbirth and his dad was in prison. He had no other living relatives. He's been with us since a week old.

She hands our son off to me when she starts to feel him awaken. She takes over the cooking the pancakes. Knowing that Henry and I have this unconscious connection with each other. I think the main reason is because we share the same birthday. "Hey little man." I whisper softly pressing a soft kiss to his forehead as he rubs the sleep out of his eyes.

Madi comes stomping down the stairs Alex not far behind her. While Madi was close to Lizzie, Henry was extremely close to me. Alex was close to both of us. And needed both of us in her life.

Alex looks at Lizzie pulling on her pant leg. "Up?" She whispers softly. Lizzie smiles softly placing the specula down to pick up our daughter in her arms. She places Alex on her hip going back to flipping the pancakes.

Alex loves being held by Lizzie, and only Lizzie. Apparently Lizzie smelt the less overwhelming to her. Her senses are a lot different than ours.

Cass and Alex had a mutual respect and understanding about each other. It was Cass that told Alex to not give up on her speech pathologist.

When Alex didn't speak until she was 3 Lizzie and I weren't confused about it. We already had an inkling she was on the spectrum when she was really little with how she hated being held by anyone besides Lizzie or I.