Returning to School

Start from the beginning

"Yup. You should be the one calling her an old lady ha!"

"Lilith wouldn't be pleased to hear that."

"Eh, she probably would ignore the comment. I wonder what she's doing right now. I should give her a call to check up and see if everything is alright," Eda pulled out her phone and searched through her contacts.

I felt my phone buzz from my back pocket and took it out to see Amity had messaged me.

Mi princesa❤: Hi Luz. I hope I didn't disturb you while you're on patrol but I want to make sure and see how you are doing.

Me: You didn't disturb me at all, my strawberry princess :) I'm actually doing pretty good and I am relaxing with Eda because there's not much trouble going on around here. What about you, beautiful?

I smiled at the message my girlfriend sent me while Eda was able to get on the phone with her sister. I saw my phone screen lit up to see Amity's message.

Mi princesa❤: That's good that you're okay and relaxing. And I am doing amazing now that I'm texting you😁 Are you excited to go back to school?

Me: You're super cute <3 I am excited because I get to see you and our friends. The thing is, I don't know what it'll be like without Jessica in our group.

Mi princesa❤: I thought about it too. It's most likely our friends will mention it when we go back. They didn't want to say anything about it on my birthday when we were all there.

Me: I agree. Also they didn't want to ruin your special so they kept quiet. When we get to school, we just need to pour our feelings out in order to make us feel better. Then we'll move on and hope nothing goes downhill for any of us.

Mi princesa❤: I really hope so. It's going to feel weird without Jessica.

Me: Definitely. Soon we'll adjust to it without her here with us. I know the group can do that.

Mi princesa❤: They're stubborn but when it comes to someone close to them leaving, that's how they'll open up.

Me: Just like the two of us😌

Mi princesa❤: You're not wrong there babe.

"Hey kid, it's time to rock-and-roll out of here. We finally got our first emergency call," Eda waved her second phone.

"What happened to your call with Lilith?"

"I told her that I'd call her back because King was making a mess but that's a lie."

Me: Sorry Ami. I have to take care of an emergency right now. I'll talk to you as soon as possible when I get the chance.

Mi princesa❤: That's fine. Be careful, be safe, and I love you❤

Me: I love you too princess💙

"Let's get this show on the road partner."

Monday 7:40 am

Oh how it's been weeks since I've last gone to Hexside. A lot of students were already there to see their friends and check if their schedule had changed. I barely arrived and went to find my friends right away. It was until then I saw them at our hangout spot inside by the entrance door.