05

Chapter Five: Bad Driving

Anala's pov:

7 am sharp is when I get up and start getting ready. I feel so out of the loop for this mission, I have no idea what it's for, what I need, or who we are dealing with. But to be fair, I never really do. It's never their priority to tell me anything.

I grab everything I can. Knives are strapped to my thighs and ankles, my bow slung over my shoulder, arrows on my back, and a few guns in my waistband. I don't know how severe this assignment will get so I bring only a few specialty arrows, a few that blow up, a few that release a poison: strong to knock out but not kill, and a few that just release a lot of light for a good ass distraction.

My clothes are simple black athletic leggings and a tighter-fitting black hoodie. The hood is bigger than average and it is able to hide my face, especially when added to the black mask that Marco says I need. I pair my black converse to go with my outfit and the last thing I need to do is put on makeup.

Once I'm done I grab my phone and head out to the kitchen, it's about 7:40 and father is waiting at the counter.

"You ready?" Marco asks.

"Yes, I still don't get why we gotta go so early."

"You'll find out soon enough." Just as my dad finishes talking we hear the car pull up and I get a text from Mateo saying he's here. 

"Okay well bye," I say heading towards the door. I see him nod but he doesn't say anything. I open the door to see the black Audi, Mateo's favorite. I walk over and the door opens.

"Would you hurry up, we don't have all day." He says sounding stressed. I notice that he has bags under his eyes and his hair is a mess.

"Yeah, yeah." I wave my hand and take a good look at him. "Wow, you look like shit" I laugh and he just looks at me, annoyed. 

"Always so kind Anala," he pauses. "I can't sleep lately," he says, looking out the window. I see a few things in the car that could help Mateo look nicer.

"I can tell, so what's the job today," I say grabbing the small container of gel and a comb from the basket in the back.

"Just a drug deal" he shrugs.

"I'm usually not needed for drug deals, and why so early?" I say as I put the gel on the comb and slick his black hair back. I can't really help his dark circles but his hair already looks ten times better. 

"I don't usually do drug deals with these kinds of people, but they need a good scare," Mateo says, I nod and sit back down and buckle up. 

"Aww, look at you, I made you look pretty," I laugh trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"Thanks," he chuckles sounding a bit more relaxed.

"So who are we dealing with?" I see him tense up at my question.

"No one important, but you will stand by me. And anyone who steps too close, you kill." I nod in understanding.

I'm not trying to fuck up today. Not after what happened on my last assignment. No mercy, not today.

When we get there I leave my bow and arrows in the car since I just want a fast and easy kill if it comes down to it. Then put my hood up and make sure everything is set straight. 

Mateo seems on edge so that just means that I need to be ready for anything. Right now I am no longer Anala, I am Cattiva, a force to be reckoned with. 

We show up at a warehouse. Not the one we went to last time, this one is different and way farther.

I wait as Mateo grabs a bag from the trunk. Then we both walk in together, me being slightly behind him. I see several men all standing around a table that has a briefcase centered in the middle of it. We of course brought some more security. You can't go to a deal with only one assassin against several men. Not that I can't take them but you always bring backup.