19

Chapter Nineteen: The Mission

Luca's pov:

I have been training nonstop since Alex and Anala left. Staying at Mateos means that the gym is open all the time.

I won't lie, I'm really fucking nervous. It's also weird that Alex isn't here for something this big, but I need to learn how to live without him. I can't always depend on my older brother.

Mateo has given me the game plan probably a million times because I keep asking, trying to drill it into my brain. I don't want to mess this up.

Although I am nervous, I am also excited about the mission. Kaz has been helping me train since he is going on the mission with Mateo and I. I understand why Anala and Alex like him so much. I've known him for a while but we never really talked like we have these last couple of days. 

Speaking of Anala and Alex, I have been worried about them a lot recently. I hope that they haven't killed each other, in better words, I hope Anala hasn't killed Alex yet. I laugh to myself remembering how much I miss them. I miss their fighting and the whole 'I'm going to kill you' thing they have going on even though it's obvious that it pains them trying to keep their hands off each other.

Kaz, Nick, Jay, and I all actually placed a bet on Anala and Alex. Nick, Kaz, and I think that Alex and Anala will end up together. Jay on the other hand is dumb as hell and thinks that Anala will kill him first.

"Luca," Mateo says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hey," I say, opening my eyes. I have been laying down and thinking. I tend to do this a lot and that may or may not be why I am always sleeping.

"If you want to talk to Alex you need to call him off of my phone. You also might want to call him soon, they should be at the party soon." He says standing in the doorway.

"Ok I'll call them in a bit," I say, closing my eyes once again, this time trying my best to shut down my thoughts.

"You know it's okay to be nervous about the mission, right?" Mateo asks, sitting on the corner of the bed.

"Yea, I just can't help but worry about if something goes wrong," I say opening my eyes once again and sitting up against the headboard.

"If something does go wrong then Kaz and I will have your back, but nothing will go wrong. It is a simple drug deal." He says in a serious tone.

"So why are you bringing an assassin to a drug deal?" I ask, laughing a bit.

"Finally you ask." He laughs. "It's so you can get a feel for what happens in the mafia and I need people who can kick ass if anything goes wrong, but it won't. You will help intimidate these people." I nod at Mateo. This conversation has really changed my perspective.

"Come on, let's go get some lunch before you call Alex." I follow Mateo out of the room and he
stops by the dining room. 

"Who wants to go get Chinese food?" Mateo asks. Kaz and Jay both yell 'hell yeah' from the living room.

"You don't like my Chinese food?" Nick yells as he walks out of the kitchen.

"No, yours is good but I just want to get something quick," Mateo says, hiding his smile.

"You wanna come?" I ask Nick and he raises his eyebrow at me.

"Sure."

"I call driving," I yell and try to take the keys from Mateo.

"Not my fucking car," Mateo says, raising his keys higher.

"Bitch" I mumble under my breath. Kaz laughs and Mateo raises an eyebrow at me, knowing he could beat my ass if he wanted to. Well, I don't know if he would win but he knows damn well that I would never fight him.