08

Chapter Eight: Any Last Words?

Anala's pov:

I start getting ready for my mission. I put on a black bodysuit and black jeans, along with a leather jacket.

Black is definitely one of my favorite colors if you can't already tell. 

I bring each essential weapon, knife, gun, and my bow. I'm not really sure what the mission is so I have to be prepared.

I apply my red lipstick and go downstairs. Canton is waiting for me in the car and I get in without saying bye to Marco.

"Hey," He says as I get in the car.

"Hi Canton," I smile.

"What happened to your face?" He gestures to the cut on my lip.

I would rather not tell him that I was penalized so I just say "Long story."

He gets the hint that I don't want to talk about it and moves away from the subject.

"Have you heard anything from Mateo?" I ask.

"No, except for the fact that I needed to pick you up."

I call Mateo to see what the fuck I am even doing on this assignment because I have no idea and he isn't here.

He picks up after the third ring. "What am I even supposed to do for this assignment?"

"Hello to you too... I want you to go to the location and kill everyone in sight. Don't ask."

"Wow, very thorough Mateo." I roll my eyes. "So you aren't coming?" It's not necessarily unusual that Mateo doesn't come with me. It's just odd that he didn't give me details on anything. Whenever I go on a mission he always tells me more than I need and always makes sure I know what I'm doing.

"Yeah sorry I gotta go, bye." Before I can say anything he hangs up. What's up his ass?

Canton turns up the radio and I make fun of his music choice. I mean what adult man listens to Taylor Swift?

We make our way to a forest and we are in the middle of nowhere. We both look at eachother confused.

"This is where the directions lead too," He says, shrugging.

"I'm calling Mateo."

I call Mateo three times and he doesn't answer any of them, so I text him.

Me: Why the fuck am I in a forest with nobody here?

Me: I'm waiting an hour and if nothing shows up I'm leaving.

He leaves me on read. What the fuck is going on?

"What am I supposed to do?" I ask Canton, but he shrugs his shoulders and I decide to text Alex.

Me: Are you with Mateo?

He doesn't answer either, I have an awful feeling about this. I get out of the car and look around, I look in the trees and bushes. Yet I see nothing, I mean I saw a fucking bunny. No one is here, I was already pissed off and this bullshit mission is not helping at all. I get back in the car.

"We can wait for a bit and then we can leave if there's nothing," Canton says with his usual friendly smile.

"Alright," I say.

We sit for a while, talking, listening to music, and even playing stupid games. After a long ass hour, we finally start the car. "Let's go get some food." Canton smiles again and we head off. It's about 11 when we pull through a Mcdonalds drive through.