30

Chapter Thirty: Meredere

Alex's pov:

Anala has been blowing me off for four days now so I'm going over there.

I'm not sure what happened, she was smiling and laughing with me just a couple of days ago and now she went completely MIA on me along with everyone else apparently.

I walk into the house and am greeted by Jay who opens the door with no smile on his face, and that's when I know something is off.

"What's wrong?" I ask, walking in and kicking my shoes off.

"Dude something is up. She isn't eating and she hasn't left her room since yesterday morning. She won't even get up when Cami goes in there."

I give him a confused look as I start walking to her room.

I knock on the door and when there's no answer or sign of life I open the door to see her in bed

She doesn't move so I assume she's sleeping and when I move closer I see that her eyes are open, they are just boring into the wall. 

"Anala?" I crouch by the side of the bed and brush a piece of her hair away from her eyes to get a better look at her.

"Mm," she mumbles with her eyes still closed.

"Hey what's going on in that pretty head of yours?" I question while I continue to brush her hair away from her face.

"Please go away," She finally replies, opening up her eyes and moving my hand away. 

"Did something happen?" I ask, confused.

I've never seen her like this. I don't know how to help or what to say since she doesn't even sound like herself.

It's like someone else consumed her.

"No Alex, just leave me alone. Jesus," she rolls her eyes and stirs under the covers.

I decided to not fight with her and leave because I don't know even know how to help her. 

I walk to Mateo's office knowing he knows her better than everyone else here, at least he has known her better.

When I see he isn't in his office I go to his bedroom and knock. I hear shuffling a couple of seconds before he opens the door.

"What's up, everything okay?" He asks confused as to why I'm here and looking for him.

"She hasn't eaten or gotten out of bed and she's different. It's like she flipped a switch." I ramble as I stare at the ground and run my hand through my hair in confusion, trying to understand what happened.

"She's going through an episode, Alex." He sighs and I look up at him even more confused. He continues, "They don't happen often but when they do it's hard to snap her out of it."

"How long have these episodes been happening?" I ask with my jaw clenched.

"Since she was around sixteen I believe."

"Has she had help?"

"No, she hasn't had professional help." He says, staring at the ground and letting out a big sigh.

I begin to feel a rush of anger going through my bloodstream. "Let me get this right. This has been happening for four years and you haven't gotten her help? What the actual fuck is wrong with you?"

"You have to understand that she didn't always live here with me, Alex. She lived with her father, the same father that brainwashed her and abused her into thinking that was normal and healthy. I couldn't control what help she could or couldn't get. It was out of my hands."