03

Chapter Three: A Million Little Pieces

Anala's pov:

"Anala..." Mateo says with a soft voice, seconds after my father left the room. My eyes still focused on the spot that Marco just stood in. 

Mateo's hand tries to softly grab my wrist, but I pull my arm away the second he makes contact with my skin. I don't look at him, I just walk towards the door. 

No one follows me, knowing exactly what I need right now.

Mateo is one of the only people who knows when I've shut down. I can still hear him from the other room, yelling at Sage for her comment but I'm not too engrossed by it. I head to the Black Cadillac that my favorite driver is in. I wish I was in a better mood for him but I know he won't mind.

"Canton, take me home please." I am trying to be as polite as I can be right now and not show any of my real emotions, especially pain. I try to hold my hand over the cut on my face and ignore the pain and dripping blood.

"Of course Anala," Canton answers, he can tell I am not in good shape mentally or physically so he thankfully doesn't push any questions. This isn't the first time I have gone home looking like this.

After a little while, we finally pull up to my house.

"Mr. Gonzalez isn't home, I thought you'd wanna know," Canton says, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"Thank you Canton," I say opening the car door and getting out.

I walk through the door and head straight down to my room, and into my bathroom. As I walk in I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I can see the blood still pouring out of the cut and it just looks like a mess. My breathing becomes heavy and I can't control myself as I remember the look of disappointment on my father's face.

I began punching the mirror over and over again, trying to get the image out of my head. I scream looking for some kind of relief. I can feel my hands and arms stinging, and I can feel the blood but that doesn't stop me. I finally snap out of my trance and grip the edge of the counter.

Through the cracked mirror I can barely see the glass shards in my arms. Shifting my gaze to my hands, I can see the bloody knuckles and the blood running from my cuts onto the floor. I squeeze my eyes shut wondering if this is real or it's all in my head. 

When I open my eyes I can't help but laugh, I think I am still in shock and the adrenaline is running through my veins.

My head starts to spin and all I can think about is getting these damn clothes off of my skin. I strip as fast as possible and I start to feel my face getting wet as I sob.

I turn the water on hot, but that's definitely not my brightest idea considering the amount of pain that is about to course through my body. When I step in all of my cuts burn so bad, to the point where I start to feel numb seconds after. I watch as the glass and blood runs down my skin and into the drain, and continue to stand there for what feels like hours.

I hear the door creak open. "Hello?" When I don't hear a reply I peek out the curtain and see a glance of the one and only Alex.

Alex's pov:

I knock on the door a few times but after no answer, I get a feeling something's wrong. I know this could blow my cover but I just need to make sure that she's okay. I walk into a room that resembles what I believe is hers. I caught her driver on my way out of Mateos since he had shown back up there. I then made my way here.