25

Chapter Twenty-Five: Men Suck

Anala's pov:

I look at myself in the mirror, putting on my dark red lipstick and looking at my outfit. I'm wearing some tight black pants, a black tank top, and a black zip-up over top.

I have to look normal but still blend into the shadows.

"Anala, Let's go!" Kaz shouts through the house.

"Coming!" I yell back, heading out of my room.

"Anala?" Luca says, sleepily walking in the halls. Alex and he stayed the night last night due to an assignment of Alex's that went wrong. I haven't gotten the time to talk to Alex about it yet or anyone for that matter so I still have to figure out what actually happened.

"Oh shit, Luca I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up, I forgot you were here." I apologize, but while looking at Luca I can tell he's not just tired.

"Anala, Now!" Kaz yells again, I can hear the irritation in his voice.

"Shit, Luca I gotta go but I'll talk to you when I get back. Okay?" I say giving Luca a small kiss on the forehead. He smiles at the gesture and moves out of the way.

"Good luck." He says while I run down.

When I get to Kaz, he looks pissed.

"Let's go, you're late and I've got shit to do." He says, leading the way to the car.

"Damn who shit on your pillow this morning," I say as we get into the car.

"Not in the mood." He huffs back. I tilt my head and look at him, he doesn't look at me but I know he sees me.

"Fine, Cami is having nightmares and she keeps waking up in the middle of the night." He says with a sigh. I forgot that he has been spending the night with Cami and his mom lately.

"She won't talk about them with me either. I guess I'm just worried but I don't know, shouldn't I be worried?" Kaz asks, I can see the stress and worry on him.

"Maybe she isn't ready or doesn't want to worry you? I'm not that great with how kids think if I'm going, to be honest. But from experience, I wouldn't want to tell someone that wouldn't understand."

I remember when I was younger my dad got mad at me for showing my struggles, so I started to shut down even more than I already had before. If I had someone that would actually listen and understand maybe things would have been different.

"That makes sense I guess." He pauses to think. "Would you maybe talk to her since you would understand more?" Kaz asks.

"Kaz, I would love to but there is no promise she is going to open up right away. She doesn't know me yet. So yes I would love to meet her and talk to her but I can't say that she will just open up about nightmares."

"True, well I say we try it. You got nightmares like that, that young?" Kaz asks confirming as he turns onto the street he will drop me off at.

"All the time," I say with a laugh.

"What were they about?" He asks as he puts the car in park.

"Things your daughter will hopefully never have to go through," I say sliding out of the car.

After I shut the door I walked to the building in front of me. It's a local bar, which is also the place that Mr. Colin Smith visits every day at 7:30 pm.

I sit down at the bar and order a club soda, although I would love to drink right now I don't want to mess this mission up. After sipping on the drink for a bit, I feel a light tap on my shoulder.