23

Chapter Twenty-Three: Get Over It

Alex's pov:

*A few hours ago*

As soon as I helped unload the car and pack my own car up with my stuff I walked into the house.

I see Mateo and give him a typical bro hug. "Good to see you," Mateo says with a smile.

He looks happier than usual which is a good sign I hope. Before we left he was in a pretty bad mood so I'm glad whatever it was crawled out of his ass.

"You too, thanks for watching Luca."

"Stop sounding like he was my babysitter," Luca scowls.

"Someone needs to make sure you don't die," I say, which makes Luca shrug and walk away.

Mateo laughs and I turn to Jay after Anala walks away.

"What's up," Jay says before also giving me a bro hug.

Since Mateo hasn't been himself I've gotten closer to Jay lately. Mateo is of course my best friend but Jay is definitely a close second due to the fact that Mateo doesn't speak to anyone barely anymore.

We walk off and go to the living room. When Jay realizes that it's empty he starts talking, "So what's going on between you and Anala?" He asks with a smirk.

"Nothing? What do you mean?" I ask like I don't already know.

"Well, it's obvious that something is there even though she tries to kill you. You guys spent three days together. Sooo.. what happened?!" He whisper yells.

"Nothing happened," I shoot whatever he has in mind down. 

"So you're telling me, that within those three nights you didn't do as much as kiss?" He says that like there is no possibility that we didn't.

I don't say anything, instead, I think back to that night. I try to bite back a smile but it must have crawled its way onto my face because Jay just starts laughing his ass off. When I look at him he is holding his stomach and laughing, almost out of breath.

"Dude you're fucking whipped." He says laughing.

"I am not," I say rolling my eyes.

"You guys fucked right?" He says with an I-already-know-the-answer kind of look.

"Yeah, yeah we did," I sigh. There's no point in playing it off anymore, he already knows the truth from looking at my face.

Jay starts going into another laughing fit until he stops and has a look of realization.

"What?" I ask.

"I just realized I fucking owe Luca, Kaz, and, Nick a hundred dollars," he says with a scowl.

"You placed bets on us?!" I whisper yell in disbelief.

"Chill, it was a normal conversation that involved you and Anala getting together that also involved money."

I roll my eyes and change the subject. "Tell me more about Luca's mission. I heard some from Luca but I wanna know from you."

"Mission went smoothly. You can tell Luca's a natural."

~~~

I sit down at the table across from Anala. Sage of course has to fucking sit next to me.

I mean sure I fucked her ONCE, and that was like two years ago when I had first started working for Mateo. I mean the girl is hot, it's just her personality. Plus, I was in a bad place and I really didn't care enough to think about the consequences.