18

Chapter Eighteen: One drink? Nah, six.

Anala's pov: 

I step out of the black Ferrari and take a look at the bar we are at called 'On The Rocks'. I grab my jacket and follow Teague into the bar.

Right, when we walk in I see a group huddled in the corner, but besides that, it's pretty empty. Alex follows my stare and I know that he is thinking the same thing as me, that something is off with them. Choosing to ignore it for now I nod at Alex, signaling that we shouldn't stare for so long. He makes no effort to move.

"Alex," I say calmly, getting his attention, he still doesn't move. "Come on." I gently grab his arm and push him forward. He doesn't resist.

As we get to the bar we stand next to Teague and Ben who are talking about who would win in a fight: Captain America or Batman.

What is it with them and wanting to know who would win in a fight?

I was just about to sit down when Alex grabbed my arm gently and pulled me close to him. I look at him a bit confused and annoyed since my legs are fucking killing me. Alex leans down to my ear.

"Those guys look way too fucking familiar, we need to stay away from them." He whispers in my ear, his lips gently brushing against my ear. I take a deep breath and nod at him.

I tune out Teague and Ben as I drink. The problem with me and drinking is that I never really want to stop. I wouldn't say that I have an addiction but half the time I feel so fucking broken that I never want that feeling of lightness to go away. I also won't say that I don't know how to stop because that's not true. I just like to say that I very much enjoy drinking.

I've had 2 shots of vodka, trying to drink away the pain. I also took a tequila shot with Teague and I am now drinking another vodka tonic. After this, I am definitely cutting myself off.

I haven't paid much attention to Alex. At the moment he looks pretty lost in his thoughts. I have been having small talk with the bartender but besides that, I haven't really talked a ton.

I can definitely feel the buzz now.

Teague and Ben left not long after the shot Teague and I took, saying that they are tired and are gonna get some sleep. Alex told them that we would just see them tomorrow because I didn't want to go.

I drown out the noise of the bar and sink into the sound and beat of the music. I recognize the song, Latch by Sam Smith. I down the rest of my drink and stand up and decide that I want to dance.

I grab Alex's hand and he snaps out of whatever he was thinking about. I motion for him to get up and he shakes his head no. "C'mon, don't be lame," I say, pouting with a laugh.

"I won't dance but I'll watch you," he says with a smirk.

I zone into the music and slowly walk up to him. I stop as soon as I am inches away from his face. He looks into my eyes and then into my lips. I do the same to him then swerve my face so that I meet his ear. "You really could have had all this," I say, sounding as sexy as possible. "But you had to blow it," I laugh.

I back away from him and look into his eyes. He looks unfazed and I can tell he is hiding his emotions from me, but I don't care enough to focus on him right now.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I start walking but after two steps he grabs my arm gently pulling me back.

"I'm going with you, you shouldn't be alone." His eyes are staring directly into my soul, almost as if he knows the pain I'm trying to hide.