16

Chapter Sixteen: One bed?!

Anala's pov:

As Alex and I walk to the front desk I can't help but look around. This motel is decent, better than I thought it would be at least. I knew the place we would be staying at would be a bit run down so if anything went wrong it would be harder to find us and if we needed to be tracked down people would most likely look in more expensive places rather than looking at something more trashy.

We also aren't here with Teague and Ben because it's better that we spread out. They are going to be in a different hotel while we stay in this one. Of course, I have to be stuck with Alex because he's my partner.

We get to the desk and check-in.

"We only have one room available." The man at the desk says in a bored voice, he must really hate his job. Can't say I blame him.

"We'll take it and we need it until Monday," Alex says, giving the man cash.

The man takes the cash and his eyes widen at the amount Alex gives him. He nods and hands us a key.

"Come on roomie," Alex says with a smirk which makes me roll my eyes. He grabs the set of keys from the man before I thank the angry desk dude and follow Alex.

Of course, I'm sharing with Alex, I bet Mateo or someone planned this or some shit. I mean technically it does sound more coincidental but I don't give a fuck. Mateo wants me to be friends with Alex and I don't understand why. He thinks we need each other or something, but I know too well that I would be much better off without Alex. After all, I have a plan for after the mission.

I'm going to kill Alex Creed.

Alex gets to the room and opens the door, stepping in and throwing some shit in the corner. I follow him through the door. Looking around I see a small desk, a small kitchen, and one bed.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me. One bed?!" I say as I stand shocked at the door.

"I don't bite," he winks.

"Okay well, I'm going to take a shower," I say as I shut the door and drop my bags. 

"Mind if I join you?" He says with a grin on his face.

"Yes I do mind, I'd rather have every one of my organs ripped out of my body." I grab one of my bags and walk to the bathroom.

I lock the door and turn the water on.

I step into the steaming hot water and immediately feel my body relax.

I hear a knock on the door and roll my eyes, annoyed. "What?" I say very pissed off.

"Woahh I just wanted to know if you're hungry." I hear him say through the door.

"Yeah just get me whatever you're getting."

I hear some shuffling before he yells, "Be back in twenty sweet pea!" Then the door closes. I roll my eyes at his dumbass nickname for me.

~~~

After I step out of the bathroom I feel more relaxed and better than I have all day.

I grab my trap phone off of the bed and see that I got a call from Mateo. We obviously can't bring our actual phones in case they get traced so we get trap phones that only have the contacts of Mateo, Alex, Teague, and Ben.

I call him back and he answers on the second ring.

"Hey did you get there okay?" He asks.

"Yep, all is good so far."