Prologue

No one is born a killer. Killers are made. Maybe because of pain or vengeance, but not Anala. At the age of 5 she was sold to a man named Marco, he was nothing but evil. But that evil man taught Anala how to survive. She may have been a bit too young to start her training but she owes that man her life now. He put Anala on the pedestal that she rested so comfortably on, he taught her to manage her anger, how to change being in pain to being numb, how to deal with being tortured, and lastly to never show mercy. He trained her to become one of the best assassins that the world had ever known. A pure evil: Cattiva.

Anala had been killing for her so-called father since 8, she is now 20 and has been holding the title of one of the best assassins for about 4 years. The only reason that Anala was not #1 was because of another called Monstro. Cattiva and Monstro have always respected each other's work, though they had never gone up against each other nor have they ever met each other, they were not enemies just often compared.

Cattiva had killed so many that she lost count. She had been tortured and had survived death more than once. Anala knew what she was doing and it was more than killing. She was helping her father build an empire, one where he would rest on a throne once again. Before Anala, Marco had just been cut out of a deal. This deal would have made Marco one of the most feared men that the Italian Mafia had ever known, but he was cut because he had nothing much to offer. So when she came into his life, he found a new purpose, a new way to be feared. People knew that messing with Marco only ended in one way... death.

Anala may be an assassin but she was never heartless... well. Even though she could shut down her emotions like flipping a switch, she still could never stop her thoughts. She believed that she was doing the world a favor, she was getting rid of some of the most dangerous people around. Cattiva was cleansing the world in a way, maybe a sick fucked up way but nonetheless still cleansing. Ever since her first kill, Anala liked watching the life drain from her assignment's eyes. The way that the light slowly faded into nothingness, the way they would gasp for their last breath. The way their bodies would relax, finally finding peace or maybe not peace but finding a way to escape their own cruel, cruel worlds. It was the thought that there could be a way even for the bad guys to finally find peace.

Anala never chose this life, but it did choose her. She was raised to kill and also knew the rules. Once you're in, there is only one way out. Anala often did think about what life would have been like if she had been raised normal. Maybe she would have been able to make friends, have a boyfriend, have siblings, but she knew better than to think about these things for too long, I mean she had enough to be grateful for, such as the money and her family.