06

Chapter Six: No Control

Anala's pov:

On the way home I have to listen to Mateo and Alex fight over what gun is the best. I do not participate in their conversation because frankly, I don't give a fuck.

When I get home I go straight to Marco's office. He is talking to 3 tall men in all black suits. As soon as I see them I don't feel welcome so I walk out and go to my room.

I change into some sweats and a tank top while I wait.

A couple hours later I hear Marco's voice. "Anala," he yells from his office.

When I walk in I see him sitting at his desk per usual, "I came in earlier but you seemed to have company." 

"Yes, sorry about that. Let's talk about your work today," he says, looking at his computer. He must have gotten some sort of footage. Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna live a normal life. Well not normal but not having to be watched by my father. Sometimes it feels like I'm never gonna be able to leave. I'm twenty years old and still living as my father's puppet. 

"I'm proud of you Anala, I hope you know that. You did well today and I wanted to congratulate you."

The best way to explain what I'm feeling is shock. I can't believe he feels this way. I don't remember him ever saying that he's...proud of me. I've asked him before if he was proud of me and he always turns the conversation around and how you don't show weakness to anyone or something like that.

"Thank you," is all I can bring myself to say. I turn to walk myself out but I stop when Marco speaks up.

"Everything that I do, every choice I've made, has been for you." I smile at his comment and nod at his words without looking at him. I walk out the door, feeling unsure of what just happened. 

~~~

About an hour later Marco leaves and I start getting ready. I'm not exactly sure why he left but he always leaves around this time at night. He shouldn't be home till around 3 or 4 in the morning.

I walk into the bathroom, to see a brand-new mirror hanging up. I smile once more staring into the mirror, but I remember the short amount of time I have to get ready and head into the shower.

After my shower I start putting on makeup. I make a good ass wing with my eyeliner, it's long but not overbearing. Then I put on some false eyelashes along with mascara, then highlighter and lastly my favorite deep red lipstick. I look at my cut which is now just a scar. It's pretty faint, which I am beyond happy about.

After my makeup I dry my hair and straighten it, and may I say I look pretty damn good. I then carefully put on my dress. It's a bit short, a little higher than mid thigh and shows a little cleavage. It's a thin strapped black dress, that's pretty tight on my waist and boobs but still is a bit looser on the bottom. I grab some black heels and a small purse to go with.

In my bag I place extra lipstick, deodorant, my phone, and one of my guns with an extra clip. I also put a strap on my thigh so that I can rest a knife there. You never know what could happen.

My phone goes off, and I see that Mateo is here. I turn my light off and climb out the window. 

I feel like a fucking child.

Something good about my room is that for some reason this side of the house doesn't have much security, outside I mean. The driveway does have security so I told Mateo to park down the street and I would walk.

I walk around the camera's view and make my way to Mateo's car. Thank god I made it, it's cold as fuck outside. I sit in the back because Alex is sitting up front with Mateo, leaving Kaz to sit in the back with me.