125

Liu Yue who has never expected such an ending, also remained frozen in shock. Divorce? If she divorced, then she will be no-one and have nothing ah! Since this kind of thing happened, the Liu Family will never allow her to return home, she is just a daughter who has been married off, she has nothing anymore! How can this be, she want to struggle, want to explain and beg but reality refuses to give her any opportunity to do so.

(T/N: For those who are confused – Basically, in chinese there is a saying: a married daughter is like thrown out water, which means that once a daughter gets married off their surname which changes to follow their husband no longer has any relation with their family and it is considered shameful to get a divorce and return back to their family. Especially for Liu Fang’s family, who we can assume from what she is saying puts more importance on males than females in their family because males will continue the Liu family lines. Which is why Liu Fang said that she will have no-one and have nothing.)

“Guards, invite them to leave!” Lu Anran ordered coldly.

“Understood!” Bodyguards arrived from all 4 sides to carry out the dumbfounded Liu Fang and Liu Yue. They orignially thought they will win this match easily but in the end they lost completely.

Watching the the two people who were “invited” to leave Lu Residence, the guests present all withdrew their gazes.

“The banquet ends here today.” Lu Anran caught the sight of Lingling who was carrying a glass of wine over, and said, “since this kind of matter happened, I’m no longer in the mood to entertain everyone anymore.”

Hearing Lu Anran’s statement, Lingling stopped on her tracks, and looked at Lin Haosheng dully. If the banquet ends here, then what is she going to do with this spiked drink?

“No matter, no matter.” The first person speak up was A City’s Rong Tian of Rong Corporation, “Then, I’ll take my leave first!” With Rong Corporation taking the lead, the other people also smiled and left one by one. Within 5 mins, all the guests have left the Lu Residence and what was once a noisy and bustling room had turned extremely quiet.

“Anran….” Ji Rou move forward to hold onto Lu Anran’s hand. A perfectly fine birthday banquet was turned into such a state, she wanted to comfort Anran but did not know where to start from.

“It’s ok.” Lu Anran patted Ji Rou’s hand before saying, “Anhu, send Ji Ling home personally in Uncle Zhang’s car!”

“Ok.” Lu Anhu nodded.

“Then, I’ll come along….” Chu Yao also felt that there was no point staying on, and also Lu Anran’s actions had caused her to feel quite shocked. Putting other people aside, if this kind of things happened to Chu Yao herself, she would not be able to deal with it as perfectly as Lu Anran did today! Chu Yao started to feel a little scared……

“….” Lu Anhu looked at Chu Yao and glanced at Lu Anran. When she did not say anything, he agreed, “Mm.”

After the 3 of them left, Jing Xiangen and Feng Lixing also said their goodbyes to Lu Anran, “We are also leaving.”

“Wait.” Lu Anran placed the necklace back into the box and handed it to Jing Xiangen, “Please return this to Young Master Long.”

“This…..” Jing Xiangen smiled, “I think if you want to return this gift, it will be better if Miss personally gives it back right?”