113

Her long hair was tied up in a high ponytail with a yellow hairtie and she wore a dress that was a matching yellow colour to her hairtie. Pinned on her cinched waist dress was a cheery brooch with brown bows scattered all over her ballooned sleaves and dress. Under her dress, she wore white bloomers showing off a pair of long slim legs with bare feets encased in a pair of bohemian styled brown sandals. In the open-toed sandals decorated with a tassel, are ten round and cute toes painted with red nail polish. Her right wrist was accessorised with a string of amethyst bracelet, and she had slung a small leather satchel bag over her shoulder stuffed full of necessary objects such as her handphone and wallet.

Twirling in front of the mirror, her yellow dress flared out, giving a glimpse of the layer of white lace lined underneath. Lu Anran admired herself left and right before nodding her head in satisfaction. Opening her bedroom door, she noticed the maid Lingling who was currently mopping the passageway on the second floor. Lu Anran has ill feelings towards Lingling and Lingling who felt guilty towards Lu Anran could only hunch over and lower her head, afraid to look at Lu Anran’s face.

 Lu Anran silently walked passed Lingling, following the passageway to go downstairs. Presently, Lu Anhu and Lin Haosheng had already waited for quite a while, and when Lu Anran appeared, she said with a happy expression, “Let’s go!”

“Mm.” Lu Anhu and Lin Haosheng stood up from the sofa. Lu Anhu picked up a strawberry from the fruit platter and shoved it into Lu Anran’s mouth, “it’s quite sweet, have a taste.”

“Mm! It’s sweet!” Lu Anran smiled and swallowed the strawberry.”Give me another one.”

“Mm.” Lu Anhu turned to take another two more strawberries. “Have all of them.” He placed the strawberries onto Lu Anran’s palm and smiled.

“…..” Observing the interaction between the both of them, Lin Haosheng’s mouth turned down slightly in discontent.

The three of them left the Lu Residence and got into the car. Lu Anran then told Old Zhang who was driving the car, “Uncle Zhang, go to the city to pick up someone first, then go to the amusement park.”

“Understood, Young Miss.” Looking at the three people seated behind through the rear-view mirror where Lu Anhu and Lin Haosheng sat on Lu Anran’s left and right, Uncle Zhang heavily sighed, “it’s sure great to be young…..”

When they reach the city centre, under Lu Anran’s directions, Uncle Zhang drove to McDonald to pick up Chu Yao. Thinking about the amount of effort she spent to dress up today, and noticing how the backseat is full of people, Chu Yao sat in the front passenger seat, put on the seatbelt and turned to look back at the three people to greet them. “Anran, it’s sure hot today ah!”

“It’s ok.” Lu Anran gave her a mirthless grin and from the corner of her eyes, she saw Lin Haosheng’s surprised expression that he had yet to hide. The corner of her mouth curled upwards. “Chu Yao, this is Brother Haosheng whom I often mention to you.”

“Nice to meet you, Brother Haosheng, I often hear about you from Anran!” Chu Yao smiled sweetly, “you can just call me Yao Yao.”

“Nice to meet you.” Lin Haosheng nodded his head politely.

Chu Yao’s gaze lingered on her sweetheart’s face, she has been looking forward to this meeting for a week! When it was finally Saturday, she woke up early just to try on different clothes and managed to put together an outfit that she’s satisfied with. Chu Yao judged Lu Anran’s outfit and her face blackened. She was currently wearing a white jersey dress with a black belt to show off her slim waist. Her waist length hair was loose over her shoulder. She was also wearing white leather sandals with black heel. Her dressing made her look slim and graceful and dignified at the same time. Even though it might look ordinary, but it highlighted all of Chu Yao’s good points. If one were to talk about her biggest regret, it was that she got suntanned a lot during military training. If she was to compare with Lu Anran who was exposed under the same sun, Lu Anran did not get suntan at all causing Chu Yao to be very displeased.