101

The sun tends to set later during the summer. It was already 6.30 PM, yet the sky was still bright. Lu Anran sat in her room staring at the empty garment bag.

Lu Anhu knocked thrice gently before entering her room. Seeing Lu Anran still wearing her casual leisure dress, he asked curiously, “Anran? You haven’t changed?”

“Change to what ah….” Lu Anran sighed, handing the empty garment bag to Lu Anhu to have a look.

“Where’s the dress?” Lu Anhu was also dumbfounded.

“Take a guess?” The corners of Lu Anran’s mouth lifted.

“I think I know.” Lu Anhu could also guess what had happened, “What should we do now?”

“Let’s go!” Lu Anran stood up. “Anyway, we need to pick up that Jing Xiangen. We’ll just coordinate another new outfit there!”

“How can a casually coordinated outfit be compared to a custom- made one?” Lu Anhu frowned slightly.

“Yea….” Lu Anran could not help frowning too. Of course she knew that too but what choice have they got? It was so sudden that it was giving her a headache ah!

At this time, Ji Rou also knocked on the door and entered her room, “Anran, Anhu, you guys should be leaving now.” After noticing that Lu Anran was still wearing her leisurewear, Ji Rou froze, “What’s wrong?”

“The gown seems to have been taken away by Elder Sister Anxin.” Lu Anran shrugged.

“Uh….” Ji Rou frowned slightly, “Then what are you going to do?”

“I….” Lu Anran pursed her lips, “I also don’t know…. Buy a makeshift one?”

“Wait….” Ji Rou eyed Lu Anran all over before clapping her hands and said, “Wait here for me.” She then hurriedly left the room.

Lu Anran and Lu Anhu exchanged a glance. After about 3 to 5 minutes, Ji Rou walked back briskly, holding a large white box. She placed the box on the bed, and gently opened it. Inside the box was a white strapless gown. Although the style was simple, but from the material alone, one could discern that the gown was very costly.

“This is?” Lu Anran asked curiously as she looked at the gown.

“Try it on first.” Ji Rou said smilingly.

Lu Anhu turned to leave Lu Anran’s room, closing the door gently after him.

Lu Anran changed into the gown and felt the size was just right. Although it was not as fitting as the custom- made one, but it had its own unique style. The previous one was a passionate, bold and mysterious style, similar to a rose in the night.

Although the gown on Lu Anran was also based on the theme of roses, it was pure white, and simple yet elegant. Lu Anran spun around once in front of the mirror. The length of the strapless gown was three inches above her knee and the design emphasised her beautiful waistline. The faint rose pattern could only be seen under certain angles of light, as though it appears and disappears at will.

Pulling Lu Anran’s hand, Ji Rou sat her down on a chair and personally styled her long hair with a hairpin. This hair clip also had roses on it and was half the size of one’s palm.

Lu Anran shook her head gently and felt that even though this hair clip was casually inserted, it was actually quite firm. With both sides of her hair tied up, Lu Anran looked even cuter with the baby fat still present on her face.

With a pampering gaze, Ji Rou gently placed a necklace around Lu Anran’s neck.

“Wow! Such a beautiful necklace!” Lu Anran was a little surprised. The gown and accessories that she is wearing today was regular type. However, this necklace was unique and chic. On a thin platinum chain, a crystal rose pendent that was the size of one’s thumb hung right between Lu Anran’s clavicles. Although Lu Anran did not know much about crystals, just from the effect that of the light hitting the crystal, one would know that it was very valuable.