99

When Lu Anran was almost home, it started drizzling. Lu Anhu held up the umbrella in one hand and Lu Anran’s military training uniform in the other and it both of them entered the house talking happily together.

The moment Lu Anran entered her home, she immediately saw Lu Anxin seated next to Ji Rou chatting merrily.

“Anran, you’re home! ” Lu Anxin observed Lu Anran’s clothes and a thick wave of envy filled her heart. Even though she tried very hard to hid it, the best she could do was to give Lu Anran a forceful smile.

“En.” Seeing Lu Anxin sitting there, Lu Anran’s mood also turned sour and inwardly made guesses about Lu Anxin’s intentions here.

“This evening gown is so beautiful!” Ji Rou said, stunned. ” Is this from the same boutique as last time?”

“Yes.” Lu Anran nodded her head. “Mum, next time if you need any gowns, just go to this boutique, it is indeed exceptionally beautiful!” Lu Anran twirled around on the spot, and in that moment she was a manifestation of a mysterious enchantress, captivating everyone’s attention in the room, concealing all sort of emotions filling the room.

“When is the party?” Seeing his favourite granddaughter, Li Jianhao was also all smiles.

“Day after at 7 PM.” Lu Anran replied. “I was thinking of asking Brother Lu Ming to come with me.”

“OK. Just let your Second Uncle’s family know tomorrow.” Lu Jianhao nodded. “Anran, come and sit with Grandpa.”

Lu Anran went over to sit next to Lu Jianhao. She was still wearing her evening gown so she cannot casually sit as usual. “Grandpa, what’s wrong?”

“Grandpa has to go abroad tonight.” Lu Jianhao explained. “If you encounter any problems, you can discuss it with your mother and Third Uncle.” As soon as Lu Jianhao spoke, Lu Anxin’s expression changed.

“OK.” Lu Anran nodded. “Grandpa, is there anything wrong?”

“Lu Bo’s operation was very successful but Dr. Steven said that his mental state is not very good, which will affect his post-op recovery.” Ji Rou sighed.

“Don’t worry Grandpa!” Lu Anran grinned.

“I will also take care of Auntie and Anran.” Lin Haosheng who sat at the other end of the sofa, spoke.

Lu Anran rolled her eyes mentally after hearing Lin Haosheng’s words. She would be grateful if he did not make trouble for her.

“As long as you are all fine at home!” Lu Jianhao patted Lu Anran’s head.

“Old Master, it’s time to go to the airport.” Old Du who usually chauffeured Lu Jianhao around, said.

“Alright.” Lu Jianhao stood up. Ji Rou and Lu Anran supported him on each arm until Lu Jianhao was in the car. After silently sending the car off with their gaze, Lu Anran sighed lightly. She sincerely hopes that Lu Bo could recover as soon as possible.

Seeing her daughter sigh, Ji Rou placed her hand around Lu Anran’s shoulders, “Anran, behave.”

“Mhm.” Lu Anran buried her face into Ji Rou’s embrace and said, “Mom, I want to sleep with you tonight.”

“OK.” Ji Rou’s loving gaze deeply pierced Lu Anxin’s heart.

She yearned for the warmth of a family so badly. She was labeled as a stepping stone as soon as she arrived in this world. All her efforts were only because she was a daughter? Lu Anxin’s eyes turned bleak and hopeless. Lu Anran…. Everything was Lu Anran’s fault. If only Lu Anran didn’t exist. If only Ji Rou was her mother. Thinking of Long Yuxing, Lu Anxin’s heart ached even more. Tomorrow was Lu Corporation’s dance party, yet she did not have a single decent evening gown. The dress that Lu Anran was wearing today made her inevitably jealous. Lu Junan’s money was only for that woman who lived in the city centre. She did ask Lu Junan for money to buy an evening gown today. However, not only did he rejected her request, he even scolded her for not being able to successfully obtain Long Yuxing’s heart etc….. How should she tell Lu Junan that Long Yuxing has no interest in her, that the person he loves was actually Lu Anran? She can’t say it. If she say it, she will completely become that family’s stepping stone!