97

Soon after Chu Yao left, the rain became lighten so everyone took the opportunity to run back to their classrooms which were located quite near the canteen.

As she entered the classroom, Lu Anran shook off the rainwater on her hair and joked around with Ji Ling.

The school also announced that due to the rain, the military training in the afternoon would change to self-study, making all, who were drenched in the rain, extremely happy with the outcome.

With one hand supporting her chin, Ji Ling held the notice that Long Yuxing sent over with the other hand and said, “Anran, do you know anything about this <Run, Melos!>?” She thought it would be one of the common ones like <Sleeping Beauty> or <Cinderella>… Who knew it would be this <Run, Melos!> which she has never heard of.

“<Run, Melos!> is a story by Osamu Dazai.” Lu Anran recalled and said, “It’s a story about trust.”

“Osamu Dazai? That “rogue” writer who committed suicide after writing <No Longer Human>?”

“Correct.” Lu Anran nodded.

“The competing role is Melos’ sister.” Ji Ling said.

“Yes, there are not many lines.” Lu Anran replied. “Just scenes of Melos returning home and the wedding, but they require pretty good acting skills.”

“Oh!” Ji Ling then pleaded, “Anran, can you rehearse with me?”

“….” Stunned, Lu Anran paused for a moment, then smiled, “If time permits.”

“Yay!” Ji Ling laughed and turned to pounce on Lu Anran.

“Wait wait wait!” Lu Anran hurriedly stretched out her hand to stop her.  “You are thoroughly drenched, so let’s forget about it!” Ji Ling ran slower than Lu Anran, so she was also more soaked. Now she also felt aggrieved. Ji Ling pouted. She also didn’t wish for such short legs! Hng….

“But…..” Qin Shumo continued. “I remember <Run, Melos!> was a story set during the Greek civilisation and Melos did not wear any clothes when he was running…. How are they going to act….”

“There will be artistic improvisations!” Lu Anran laughed. She had thought of this problem when she read the original story in the past.

“The interview is on Friday afternoon. So nervous ah!” Ji Ling clenched both hands into fists. “Anran, why don’t you practice with me now.”

“Good idea.” Qin Shumo nodded in agreement, “Anyway, there is still time till class starts.”

“OK!” Lu Anran also nodded.

“Then I’ll start now ah!” Ji Ling cleared her throat. “Older brother, why are you back so early? Shouldn’t you only reach back tonight? Are….”

“Cut!” Lu Anran interrupted and said, “The tone of this scene should be hurried. Melos came in, staggering in tiredness. His sister is very worried about him, so when she questions him, she would be extremely worried and impatient. Moreover, the presence of Melos in this scene is to buy the things she will need for her wedding.”

“Oh….” Ji Ling nodded and read the script again, “Older brother, why are you back so early? Shouldn’t you only reach back tonight? Are you okay?”